Minor league affiliation changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I hope Worcester hooks up with Boston, Cincinnati with Columbus and Allen with Dallas in the future. Kansas City is looking to move up to the AHL as the new Blues affiliate in that league. Brampton should eventually hook up with Toronto too. Maybe 2 of the Florida ECHL teams can hook up with the state's NHL teams.

I'm all for ECHL and AHL teams hooking up with local NHL teams. I'd really love to see the Wolves join up with the Blackhawks too.

uh never will u ever see the 2 Chicago teams even entertain that option, much less the ridicule you'd face daily from Wolves fans if not all out war, Z.

SOURCES ON Kansas City and St. Louis fell flat when the Mavericks denied it, why would they then adopt Kansas City as a branding then, Z

The 2 Florida teams aren't nowhere near either Sunrise or Tampa, add to that GFH owns Florida (Estero), and even then, Carolina likely has that PDC indefinitely:amazed:

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Um, maybe you're using a different map but from personal experience, I can tell you, Tampa is about 2 hours from Orlando so saying none of the ECHL teams are close to the in-state NHL teams is just flat wrong. Even the longest distance (Jacksonville to Sunrise) is only a 1:15 flight.

I think you may have heard someone say that people don't realize how big Florida is then you took it too far the other way.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Um, maybe you're using a different map but from personal experience, I can tell you, Tampa is about 2 hours from Orlando so saying none of the ECHL teams are close to the in-state NHL teams is just flat wrong. Even the longest distance (Jacksonville to Sunrise) is only a 1:15 flight.

I think you may have heard someone say that people don't realize how big Florida is then you took it too far the other way.

Jacksonville is brand new. but in reality isn't, Orlando really isn't either, after the 2001 settlement, and that took 11 years, semi....

Florida loves New England, it's a reason why they left San Antonio for New England.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Okay ... and Florida's affinity to the NE has what to do with your factually inaccurate statement about the locations of and distances between teams in Florida?

If you're going to say the markets aren't that close, you should consult geography first. Now with regard to whether the markets support the AHL? We'll see. As you said, Jacksonville is a long dormant market and it's anyone's guess on how well they'll do this year. Orlando just had to have their franchise essentially saved by the De Vos family. Would they be interested in an AHL team as opposed to using an ECHL team as just a date filler? Who knows...

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Okay ... and Florida's affinity to the NE has what to do with your factually inaccurate statement about the locations of and distances between teams in Florida?

If you're going to say the markets aren't that close, you should consult geography first. Now with regard to whether the markets support the AHL? We'll see. As you said, Jacksonville is a long dormant market and it's anyone's guess on how well they'll do this year. Orlando just had to have their franchise essentially saved by the De Vos family. Would they be interested in an AHL team as opposed to using an ECHL team as just a date filler? Who knows...

uh, semi:

go back and read the history of the Solar Bears 1 and 2, why was there an 11 year hiatus between the 2 franchises before the current one was readmitted.

a) AHL, had a rule, that not many leagues have, that stipulated that only the Devos family can admit one, they owned 3, in the IHL when the league failed 17 years ago.

b) Orlando and Chicago(now the Vegas affiliate) had and needed a affiliation per bylaw., which happened to be the Thrashers, now the Jets 2.0, see where Gwinnett/Atlanta fits in there under that affiliation, among other deals

the current franchise has no bearing on either Florida aligning there, so what is your point.

more detail is in the Portland thread in this forum, as to why I'd like the Panthers to restart an affiliation with the new franchise that had been in Alaska.

why would Tampa want an instate Affiliate, then promote them to Syracuse, just as the Panthers do in Manchester which is unofficial and has been same issue back in your post, again, Springfield to Sunrise, the reason is Florida wants their prospects in one time zone.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
uh, semi:

go back and read the history of the Solar Bears 1 and 2, why was there an 11 year hiatus between the 2 franchises before the current one was readmitted.

a) AHL, had a rule, that not many leagues have, that stipulated that only the Devos family can admit one, they owned 3, in the IHL when the league failed 17 years ago.

b) Orlando and Chicago(now the Vegas affiliate) had and needed a affiliation per bylaw., which happened to be the Thrashers, now the Jets 2.0, see where Gwinnett/Atlanta fits in there under that affiliation, among other deals

the current franchise has no bearing on either Florida aligning there, so what is your point.

more detail is in the Portland thread in this forum, as to why I'd like the Panthers to restart an affiliation with the new franchise that had been in Alaska.

why would Tampa want an instate Affiliate, then promote them to Syracuse, just as the Panthers do in Manchester which is unofficial and has been same issue back in your post, again, Springfield to Sunrise, the reason is Florida wants their prospects in one time zone.

I'm well aware of the history and I'm not arguing that Tampa would want an in-state
affiliation. I just called you out on your seemingly geographically ignorant claim.

MinusTheV

Jul 24, 2017
2017-18 affiliations
Adirondack Thunder - ?/New Jersey Devils (unofficial?)
Allen Americans - San Jose Sharks (2017-18 at least)
Atlanta Gladiators - Boston Bruins (2018-19)
Brampton Beast - Montreal Canadiens (expired)
Cincinnati Cyclones - Buffalo Sabres (2017-18 at least)
Colorado Eagles - Colorado Avalanche (2019-20)
Florida Everblades - Carolina Hurricanes (O&O)
Fort Wayne Komets - ?
Greenville Swamp Rabbits - New York Rangers (2017-18)
Idaho Steelheads - Dallas Stars (2017-18)
Indy Fuel - Chicago Blackhawks (2018-19)
Jacksonville IceMen - Winnipeg Jets (2017-18 at least)
Kalamazoo Wings - Vancouver Canucks (2017-18)
Kansas City Mavericks - Calgary Flames (2017-18 at least)
Manchester Monarchs - Los Angeles Kings (no longer O&O, deal length unknown)/Florida Panthers (unofficial?)
Norfolk Admirals - Nashville Predators (2017-18 at least)
Orlando Solar Bears - Toronto Maple Leafs (option year, not sure whose option)
Quad City Mallards - Vegas Golden Knights (2017-18 at least)
Rapid City Rush - Minnesota Wild (2017-18)
Reading Royals - Philadelphia Flyers (2018-19)
South Carolina Stingrays - Washington Capitals (2017-18)
Toledo Walleye - Detroit Red Wings (2017-18)
Tulsa Oilers - ?
Utah Grizzlies - Anaheim Ducks (2017-18 at least)
Wheeling Nailers - Pittsburgh Penguins (2017-18)
Wichita Thunder - Edmonton Oilers (2017-18 at least)
Worcester Railers - New York Islanders (2017-18)

Available Affiliations
Arizona Coyotes
Tampa Bay Lightning
Ottawa Senators
Columbus Blue Jackets
St. Louis Blues

While there hasn't been official releases, I noticed the other day that Orlando shared a Facebook post from the Toronto Marlies referring to them as their affiliate. Also, Brampton shares Montreal's posts on a consistent basis.

SEJ

Mar 14, 2016
The Chronicle, a weekly paper in Glens Falls, reported in last week's issue, citing "multiple well-placed sources" that the Adirondack Thunder will be affiliating with the Devils. They also reported that the deal could include the Thunder also receiving players from the Lightning. The article didn't mention anything about how long the deal could be for.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
The Chronicle, a weekly paper in Glens Falls, reported in last week's issue, citing "multiple well-placed sources" that the Adirondack Thunder will be affiliating with the Devils. They also reported that the deal could include the Thunder also receiving players from the Lightning. The article didn't mention anything about how long the deal could be for.

Thunder hockey affiliate will be New Jersey Devils.

http://www.glensfallschronicle.com/our-july-27-issue/

kyfry

Feb 23, 2017
Not sure where Ottawa/Belleville will place players in the ECHL. I know last year Columbus/Cleveland had a handshake agreement with Cincinnati. I imagine that will likely continue this year as well.

MinusTheV

Jul 24, 2017
Not sure where Ottawa/Belleville will place players in the ECHL. I know last year Columbus/Cleveland had a handshake agreement with Cincinnati. I imagine that will likely continue this year as well.

The day Wichita announced their affiliation with Bakersfield/Edmonton, the team commented on a Facebook post saying they'll continue to work with Ottawa unofficially.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Just a thought here...once all the affiliations are announced how about the mods lock this thread and you start a new one with the list in the first post. This way we won't be scrolling to find post #430 if we need to see it.

Although I guess this only works if the mods allow it. :D

Can we start a new thread now ? All is confirmed and Columbus is unofficial with Cincinnati.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->