Minor Hockey News Top 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Ross

Jan 23, 2006
Your wish is our command...

Sammy said:
You can read it? I find it near impossible.
Let this be a lesson. Black print on a dark blue background is not good.

We test this out on a lot of computers, but graphics cards vary a lot from computer to computer. We've "brightened" the background a bit to impove readability. Apologies for the inconvenience.

-ed.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Filppula isn't there? I haven't been following the AHL that closely, but I was under the impression he was having a great season.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
With some of the players on that list, i'm not sure how Suglobov could be left off. Especially if Vrana is at 45, although I agree that Vrana probably has a more sure-fire bet of being a good NHL'er.

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
There is Tukonen and Immonen but where is Filppula? :dunno:

EDIT.

Ohh...007 have allready asked that....

my bad ;)

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
You'd think Welch would be higher than Ryan Stone.

Very nice list though.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Nice read...great player graphics + informative player capsules. It's nice reading about how some guys who aren't exactly blue chip prospects are still progressing nicely for their respective clubs.

Dan Hickling

Jan 14, 2006
Buffalo
www.flickr.com
Some interesting questions, and since I QBd the section, I'll do my best to answer them.

Re: Fillipula...thought long and hard about him...he is included on the Ones2Watch list which will be up shortly...

Anything to do with the Pens was troublesome...when the prelim list was drawn up in October, there were probably half a dozen Baby Pens on it...one by one they went up to the 'burgh (guys like Whitney, Ouellet, Talbot was up and down, and finally Fleury). By the time anyone could be sure Fleury was up for good, these rankings (and the material to go with them) were pretty much wrapped up...

Suglabov was another player caught in that hinge...he will be on the Ones2Watch, but I'll admit he might have been a little undervalued...but that's the beauty of all this...

Does this make it muddier or clearer?

Dan

:D

Oh and the Tukonen pos. snarf was strictly an editing error on my part (which is being fixed). Have seen him in person with the Monarchs at least six times, and know better.....But again, I appreciate it being brought up, because it's important to be correct...

hockey16ep

Oct 22, 2005
no Josh Harding?? :dunno: little suprising for a guy whos been one of the best all year long. Nice list though

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As a Bulldogs fan I'm surprised to see Locke ranked over Danis. Locke has been getting benched of late as the season has picked up in intensity, while imo Danis has been the teams MVP. But to be fair I've never heard of this site before and don't know what the rankings are fully based on.

Danis has struggled a little but generally has been very solid this year. His rebound control has been somewhat of a problem at times but the defense in front of him is downright brutal. Sanford, Syvret and Benoit might make up the smallest trio of blueliners I can recall. Aitken has trouble playing hockey at times, still wondering how he ever played in the NHL. Cote and Archer have been good but lack top notch skills. Roy and Smith have been the better defensemen on the team imo.

That said if not for Danis this team would easily be right there at the very bottom of the league, well maybe 2nd to last, SA is pretty bad.

The Finnish MacInnis*

For some reason, I thought this was going to be about players 15 and under, or something. Thank goodness I was wrong.

Dan Hickling

Jan 14, 2006
Buffalo
www.flickr.com
JD said:
For some reason, I thought this was going to be about players 15 and under, or something. Thank goodness I was wrong.

The only one of those I know is John Tavares...thank goodness for us both....

Again, the O2W list, which will be posted imminently, does have both Danis and Harding...and although both have made huge strides, both are kind of at the mercy of some crowded/muddy netminding situations with their parent clubs. At the moment, I like Harding's chances with Minnesota than I do Danis' with the Habs. Sometimes it can be a matter of begin the right guy in the wrong place. We'll see if that's true with both those guys. Danis by the way, has been a fave or mine dating back to his Brown days (I do most of my work for the Providence Journal).

Locke is someone whose talent just couldn't be ignored, although it's clear that he tailed off badly. It also seems, though, that the benching by Lever has helped him, with four assists (and a plus one) in the three games back.....D

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Dan Hickling said:
The only one of those I know is John Tavares...thank goodness for us both....

Again, the O2W list, which will be posted imminently, does have both Danis and Harding...and although both have made huge strides, both are kind of at the mercy of some crowded/muddy netminding situations with their parent clubs. At the moment, I like Harding's chances with Minnesota than I do Danis' with the Habs. Sometimes it can be a matter of begin the right guy in the wrong place. We'll see if that's true with both those guys. Danis by the way, has been a fave or mine dating back to his Brown days (I do most of my work for the Providence Journal).

Locke is someone whose talent just couldn't be ignored, although it's clear that he tailed off badly. It also seems, though, that the benching by Lever has helped him, with four assists (and a plus one) in the three games back.....D

As a Cornell fan I've been well aware of Danis and even wrote an article for a Habs fan site saying they should try and get him (didn't know that Andre Savard tried to sign him after his junior year) For Danis, the stuggles of Theodore could work into his favor next year if he can't turn things around.

Locke has some sick offensive skills but from what I've seen, he has too much trouble being effective 5 on 5. His lack of strength, especially lower body makes him easy to push off the puck, much like a Bulldog of the past Mike Ribiero. Ribiero was able to work through it and it's hard to overlook Locke's skills, but he's going to need to improve his physical game imo. As for getting the 4 assists, he has played better after being benched but right now the Dogs are on fire, winning 8 of last 9, winning 4 road games in a row.

I personally like what Maxim Lapierre brings more then what Locke brings in terms of NHL usefulness. But I also know not to bet against Locke.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Check out number 50. Chris Beckford-Tseu has been in the ECHL for most of the season. He is currently in Peoria w/ the Rivermen of the AHL, but he has really worked his way up and was named to the ECHL All Star Team.

Also, he is the 1st AA player on the list.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Perry and Getzlaf deserved the top spots, they dominated the AHL while they were there.

Now we are waiting for them to get things going in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad