News Article: Minnesota Wilds Drafting History!

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Then they let him go to vegas because "hes only a 3c" even though he had shown he can do more at every level prior and he puts up 55 points in 76 games :huh:
Haula was let go because he couldn't even handle the 3rd line role. And because he was a douchebag. Kind of funny that Vegas also instantly replaced that 55 points in 76 games player

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Haula was let go because he couldn't even handle the 3rd line role. And because he was a douchebag. Kind of funny that Vegas also instantly replaced that 55 points in 76 games player

:huh: he was taken as a player in a expansion draft, and he handled the 3rd line fine. which as history has shown, was one of the worst things thats happened to this organization. Lost one of the best centers our organization has ever drafted statistically(minus koivu), and tuch on top of it.

Last edited:

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I didn't see a mention of AJ Thelen … What a train wreck of a pick! The kid wasn't even good enough for the Aeros
The Wild were looking for another Burns type, off the board draft steal and they got .... well we all know.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I didn't see a mention of AJ Thelen … What a train wreck of a pick! The kid wasn't even good enough for the Aeros
The Wild were looking for another Burns type, off the board draft steal and they got .... well we all know.

What actually happened to Thelen? I mean he was booted off his team for?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
:huh: he was taken as a player in a expansion draft, and he handled the 3rd line fine. which as history has shown, was one of the worst things thats happened to this organization. Lost one of the best centers our organization has ever drafted statistically(minus koivu), and tuch on top of it.
Losing Haula was one of the worst things to ever happen to the Wild organization? Are you serious with that?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
losing haula AND tuch, is. And given the way our roster is sitting right now, itd be hard to argue him not being our #1c if he was still here.
If he was going to be our 1C they should sign him since he is a UFA currently.

I do agree he got the short end of the stick here, but in my mind there is no use in crying over spilled milk. Hindsight is 20/20 at the time it was the right move to make.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
If he was going to be our 1C they should sign him since he is a UFA currently.

I do agree he got the short end of the stick here, but in my mind there is no use in crying over spilled milk. Hindsight is 20/20 at the time it was the right move to make.

ive heard he wants a fair amount of money, which is why he probably hasnt been targeted. ive also heard hes sitting on offers from a few teams. maybe the wild is one of them. This is all heresay from reporters and people on forums so who knows what the truth is to it. I havent seen how much hes healed since his injury though, has he really lost alot of speed? i mean otherwise i feel he fits the type of centers it seemed guerin was looking for as far as speed goes. But youre right, hindsight is 20/20. lets move on from this discussion

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is now a bit above average in speed, as opposed to being in the top 10% like he was when he was younger. The busted
knee cap, or whatever the injury was to his knee, was pretty serious, and slowed him down a bit.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad