Prospect Info: Minnesota Wild Prospect Rating - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
For those saying Bouramman, why?

Did you read Brock's writeup?

After finishing the 2015/16 season so strongly, I had high expectations for him. But I actually felt his game regressed this year. His defensive game didn't really improve (he still needs to play with more intensity in the defensive end), but his offensive game wasn't nearly as sharp. When I saw the Hounds this year, he was very turnover prone and his decision making with the puck really wasn't terrific.

Iowa has a pretty weak depth chart - even assuming one of Reilly or Murphy gets an NHL slot. Is it a guarantee Bouramman beats out Dylan Labbe for the AHL?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
He took a back seat to Conor Timmins. Just judging by stats, it was a marked step back. A 20 year old with any sort of skill should be taking it to the CHL.

I don't see him being that close to Michalek, at the moment.

If they're still tied in a day we can do a 2-player run-off?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
1) Joel Eriksson Ek
2) Kirill Kaprizov
3) Luke Kunin
4) Gustav Olofsson
5) Jordan Greenway
6) Dmitri Sokolov
7) Ivan Lodnia
8) Kaapo Kahkonen
9) Louis Belpedio
10) Andrei Svetlakov
11) Mason Shaw

a few months later, how do you guys see this list? any big risers?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Big risers? Not really. I'd probably give Belpedio a boost up to above Sokolov, but the drawback with him is that he's in his 4th year of NCAA hockey, so who knows if he'll sign here for sure? I have Kahkonen in the same boat as Belpedio, actually, in that I'd boost him up as well due to outstanding play, but his rights will expire this offseason, so will he sign? I sure hope so, as the Wild haven't drafted a quality backup since Josh Harding, back in 2002.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Flip Kunin and JEE, at least based on their perfomances this season.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Flip Kunin and JEE, at least based on their perfomances this season.

?? I don't understand this. JEE is in the NHL on merit: he's a better player now and probably going forward, even if it's also possible that Kunin outscores him at some point.

Brennan Menell is definitely ahead of Bouramman. Still doesn't say much for the Wild's defensive depth but a good signing.

I think that top 11 is about right. I'd obviously have Steve Michalek who is on the NHL roster and has excelled in the AHL over Kahkonen in terms of goalies. Nick Swaney and Brandon Duhaime would be next for me, especially if we're going to exclude some of these 23 and over guys, like Christoph Bertschy.

2018 Draft had better be a good one for this franchise or they work some trade magic. This is a middle-tier group at best.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
?? I don't understand this. JEE is in the NHL on merit: he's a better player now and probably going forward, even if it's also possible that Kunin outscores him at some point.

I'm talking about this season, because I think it's way too early to draw any final conclusions yet.. But I've liked what I've seen from Kunin this season. Eriksson Ek has been a bit of a disappointment for me this season because of how little offense he has actually provided.

But like I said, it's way too early.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My personal list is probably about the same, but it didn't align well with the voted on list.

I still have Soucy and Seeler as the d-men closest to NHL ready (not counting Murphy).

Menell was a late preseason signing, and wasn't on anyone's radar, so he's probably the biggest riser.

I don't like ranking goalies, they are hard to compare when in different leagues.

Some of the older guys have shown well so far this year.
-Mitchell is somewhat surprisingly stuck with the big club.
-Murphy looked really good in his callup.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm talking about this season, because I think it's way too early to draw any final conclusions yet.. But I've liked what I've seen from Kunin this season. Eriksson Ek has been a bit of a disappointment for me this season because of how little offense he has actually provided.

But like I said, it's way too early.

I like Kunin, and I think his tenacious style of play is something everyone here loves to see, and it endears him to us as fans, but that doesn't mean it's more effective. I don't blame you for liking Kunin's game more, as his style is a "never give up" type of game, and we all love to see that, but looking beyond the eye test, JEE has at least performed as well, if not better than Kunin this season when it comes to offense. I feel as though you can't really be disappointed with JEE's offense and not be disappointed with Kunin's, when JEE has outproduced Kunin. Like you said, though, it's way too early to draw conclusions. The sample sizes for both players is tiny, and a lot can change.

Reactions: 2Pair

Wabit

May 23, 2016
1) Joel Eriksson Ek
2) Kirill Kaprizov
3) Luke Kunin
4) Gustav Olofsson
5) Jordan Greenway
6) Dmitri Sokolov
7) Ivan Lodnia
8) Kaapo Kahkonen
9) Louis Belpedio
10) Andrei Svetlakov
11) Mason Shaw

I'm curious to see where people would have the prospects ranked now that the season is over. I thought about making a post season rankings poll (still an option), but it might be better to hold off until closer to pre-season.

My thoughts:
Graduated from prospect: JEE and Olofsson

My current rankings: (I lean heavily on how soon they can help the NHL team)

1. Kunin
2. Greenway
3. Seeler
4. Soucy
5. Belpedio
6. Kaprizov
7. Sokolov

8 and later is a hodgepodge Anas, Kloos, Shaw, Lodnia, Menell, etc. and it changes often.

I've been higher on Soucy and Seeler than most since before the season started, and I still am. Kaprizov would be higher (3rd or 4th) if he didn't have at least 2 seasons left in the KHL.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Kaprizov is their best prospect. It isn't even a debate at this point. Greenway is a better player than Kunin In just about every aspect at the moment.

Reactions: BagHead and TaLoN

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kaprizov is their best prospect. It isn't even a debate at this point. Greenway is a better player than Kunin In just about every aspect at the moment.
Well I would hope so given one has a torn ACL. Other than that he’s just bigger. Helps a lot in the early development.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
How would you know unless he was healthy? Answer is you wouldn’t.
How would I know that Greenway is better than Kunin? You serious? Ya see, these two guys play for my favorite hockey team. I like to watch that team play hockey. From watching that team play hockey, I have noticed that Jordan Greenway plays the game of hockey better than Luke Kunin does.

That isn't intended as a knock on your Badger buddy in any way shape or form. It was simply a comment/reply to Wabit's list of prospects where I disagreed with his order. Sorry if your feelings are hurt.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I need to see Kaprizov on small ice before I'm sold that he'll be a NHL player. His stats in the KHL were nice 15g/25a (40p) in 46 games this year, but not spectacular. His Playoff stats weren't great either 2g/8a (10p) in 19 games. I also don't put a lot of stock in the international tournaments.

Kunin/Greenway is really close. Kunin has a more complete game right now (imo).

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I need to see Kaprizov on small ice before I'm sold that he'll be a NHL player. His stats in the KHL were nice 15g/25a (40p) in 46 games this year, but not spectacular. His Playoff stats weren't great either 2g/8a (10p) in 19 games. I also don't put a lot of stock in the international tournaments.

That's just silly on Kaprizov. You have him behind guys that are hopeful to even be NHL players.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That's just silly on Kaprizov. You have him behind guys that are hopeful to even be NHL players.

That's pretty much how I view him right now. Hopeful to be a NHL player.

Greenway, Kunin, and Seeler look to be legit NHL players already. Soucy and Belpedio couple step in and play bottom pair next season (or two). Kaprizov can't help the team for at least 2 more years, and that's a big minus for me; his trade value is higher than I have him ranked for sure.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

10 points still ranked Kaprizov 3rd on his team in total points. 13 was the highest. I'd put as much stock in his international tournament play as I do on a similarly long KHL playoff race. He's a really good player, and he hasn't come into his prime yet. Looking at everything as a whole (international play, full KHL season and KHL playoffs) he looks very good. The caveat: Just like last year, he slowed down toward the end of the season. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I do worry about it, as maybe it's the toll of a long season wearing on him. Perhaps it's little injuries adding up. The NHL season+post season is even longer and more physical than what he's used to. He'll almost definitely have a learning curve to overcome here.

Reactions: 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad