Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Ha, GopherState tweeted that Iowa now has 3 players who played pee wee hockey together: Mike Reilly, Mario Lucia, and Justin Kloos.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Ha, GopherState tweeted that Iowa now has 3 players who played pee wee hockey together: Mike Reilly, Mario Lucia, and Justin Kloos.

Noticed that Kloos' Twitter profile picture had Mike Reilly. Probably factored into him deciding to stay in Minny. Reilly's the new Parise. :laugh:

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Close game until the the end, numbers dont tell the whole story.

Both teams played with good structure and defense first.
Iowa had the better plays and looks, many of those had Kunin or Kloos involved.
Iowa D has limited capacity to support offense, opening passes or good shots are lacking.
Also too soft in front of their own net and end in general.
Iowa forwards need to shoot more and drive the net, Kunin is one of the few doing this properly.
Chicago had the better goalie in this game so that decided it also in the last period.

Kloos draw a penalty that resulted in the first goal but he generated offense before and after that trying to feed his linemates, good first game for him.
Kunin plays a defense first game and is quick to turn for offense but mostly generated shots again lacking proper linemates for passing plays.
Tuch looked the antithesis of an budding power forward, not impressed and he was forcing some plays and entries, but he does have potential.

You could make an interesting line from these three but dont know what it would do for the rest of the lines.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
According to the game sheet, Kunin didn't have a shot on goal (neither did Tyler Graovac).

Lots of four-point games on the schedule if they want to get that last playoff spot (Milwaukee clinches with a win). Iowa's magic number is 22 with 8 games remaining.

The team showed improvement this season, a push for that final berth would be huge.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
According to the game sheet, Kunin didn't have a shot on goal (neither did Tyler Graovac).

Lots of four-point games on the schedule if they want to get that last playoff spot (Milwaukee clinches with a win). Iowa's magic number is 22 with 8 games remaining.

The team showed improvement this season, a push for that final berth would be huge.

Maybe not recorded ones on goal, best opportunity was maybe a drive to net and a backhand attempt.
Shots with any quality in general where missing from the game, it was a defensive struggle for two periods, all goals came in the last period.
edit. they recorded the shots 26-31, most of these where perimeter attempts with no proper follow up.
the three goal posts where the closest the wild was from scoring, in one of those plays kunin was involved, in one kloos.

They continue the home games, if they win them all then they have a chance going back to road.

Last edited:

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Does anyone know of a Twitter account or blog that provides Iowa Wild line combinations on a semi-regular basis? The official Wild account seems to only deliver the starting lineups.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Does anyone know of a Twitter account or blog that provides Iowa Wild line combinations on a semi-regular basis? The official Wild account seems to only deliver the starting lineups.

Its only before the games starts.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Iowa's season ended last Saturday.

Minnesota called up a bunch of black aces for tonight's game vs. St. Louis.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Just gazing at stats here, but Pavel Jenys only got one playoff game, Adam Gilmour zero (he was injured I believe), Dylan Labbé got into three and registered a goal, Gelinas four games no points, Adam Vay saw only backup duty, and the other Wild "prospect" of interest, Brady Brassart, tied for the team lead with five assists.

I imagine the Wild cut ties with Gelinas and Brassart (both RFAs). But one has to be disappointed by the seasons of the other guys. Gilmour did pretty well in his ECHL assignments but you'd expect no less from a 23 year old with his pedigree.

The good is that there's more minor league depth, the bad is that they keep giving contracts to middling prospects. There's space in the 50-man but ideally you'd want that money spent on potential NHLers.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Big news I guess?

The Mallards just announced an affiliation with Vegas and the Chicago Wolves, so the Wild look like they'll have to find another team in the E as an affiliate. It would be nice if it didn't change so often just since the end of the '10 season they've had - Johnstown, Alaska, Orlando, QC and Bakersfield.

I wonder if they will go with a dual affiliation like before with Alaska (who are now defunct sadly) or will try to get a single affiliation with someone?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Big news I guess?

The Mallards just announced an affiliation with Vegas and the Chicago Wolves, so the Wild look like they'll have to find another team in the E as an affiliate. It would be nice if it didn't change so often just since the end of the '10 season they've had - Johnstown, Alaska, Orlando, QC and Bakersfield.

I wonder if they will go with a dual affiliation like before with Alaska (who are now defunct sadly) or will try to get a single affiliation with someone?

That is pretty big news. I liked the way they were using the ECHL to get more playing time for a few legitimate prospects (Michalek, Jenys, and Gilmour). QC had the geographic advantage that the others lacked.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
That is pretty big news. I liked the way they were using the ECHL to get more playing time for a few legitimate prospects (Michalek, Jenys, and Gilmour). QC had the geographic advantage that the others lacked.

I don't know how invested they really were with Minnesota to be honest. They had the Blackhawks Ice Girls there one time AND They get the Wolves who are closer, and the glitz of Vegas I guess.

Could be they latch on to one of the random start ups or ones that have moved recently, would be surprised if they didn't grab an affiliate for this upcoming season. The E is great, especially for goaltending.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Would be awesome if we could put our ECHL affiliate in MN and keep them here.

Agreed. I'd love going to those games. Tickets would probably be cheap as hell.

That's one issue I have with NCAA games. Even if you're an alum, tickets are still overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->