Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017

Ugh why can't he do this at the NHL level.

Has nothing to do with the goalies.. he needs to play faster. He is taking forever for things to develop instead of just getting the puck and doing it.. he will figure it out. Plus you have to realize in the games he has been up he has had the sled of Staal to deal with.. that guy has to get it figured out too..

Another observation, in Iowa hes been playing LW.. up here he has been playing RW because that is the opening we have. However if you watch his play many times he naturally drifts to that side of the puck, and like last night he was always in the same area as Nino.

Point is he will get it figured out. Its been 4 games.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Has nothing to do with the goalies.. he needs to play faster. He is taking forever for things to develop instead of just getting the puck and doing it.. he will figure it out. Plus you have to realize in the games he has been up he has had the sled of Staal to deal with.. that guy has to get it figured out too..

Another observation, in Iowa hes been playing LW.. up here he has been playing RW because that is the opening we have. However if you watch his play many times he naturally drifts to that side of the puck, and like last night he was always in the same area as Nino.

Point is he will get it figured out. Its been 4 games.

You're talking about Tuch with a video of Pulkinnen?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Way to go Gabriel. Doubt he gets a call up the rest of the year.

What a stupid move... Initiates the fight and gets knocked on his ass. Any word if he'll face suspension?

Looks like Russo wrote a short article...

Iowa Wild bruiser Kurtis Gabriel could be in some hot water with the American Hockey League after an on-ice scrap spilled into an off-ice incident Saturday night at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah, looks like he is already suspended indefinitely. Honestly, I think he should be out the rest of the year. What an idiot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So Gabriel hits the guy with a high stick on the ice, and the guy has the nerve to get up and defend himself, so Gabriel goes after him afterwards?

There might be more to the story, but it looks to me like Gabriel is a punk. The write up he had in the paper a few months ago shone a positive light on him, but i don't see anything there but a mediocre fighter.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Not going to lie.. tears were almost shed around my household last night. The wife and I were/are huuuuuge Grayson Downing supporters, realize he is a casualty of a cup chase.. and that he probably would have had a hard time ever cracking the roster with everyone in the pipeline.. but kid is good, and a great dude. Would have loved to see him get a shot atleast once, and wish him the best in AZ.. just such a crappy organization to have to go to.

Best wishes GD!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I always wanted to get a look at him in the NHL, but the Reality is that he will have more of a chance to play in ARI than here.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Not going to lie.. tears were almost shed around my household last night. The wife and I were/are huuuuuge Grayson Downing supporters, realize he is a casualty of a cup chase.. and that he probably would have had a hard time ever cracking the roster with everyone in the pipeline.. but kid is good, and a great dude. Would have loved to see him get a shot atleast once, and wish him the best in AZ.. just such a crappy organization to have to go to.

Best wishes GD!

It might not be the worst thing for him, if it gives him a chance to break into the NHL. I don't think it was going to happen here, other than the odd game or two here or there.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
It might not be the worst thing for him, if it gives him a chance to break into the NHL. I don't think it was going to happen here, other than the odd game or two here or there.

Yes, if he gets a shot to play.. but they don't know how to handle players, and when your vets are fed up with the way the organization is being run, I have a hard time believing the kids coming through feel all too confident in it. Especially with the drama that surrounds relocation and everything as well.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Iowa:
giphy.gif

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
College hockey for most guys will be another month at least. Belpedio missed last series, not sure he's ready to sign anyhow.

I'd imagine Gilmour and maybe Brassart get recalls, but this is the time of year to add some depth if possible, they could make the playoffs.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Interesting pickup: Gerald Mayhew. Put up pretty good numbers at Ferris State; leads the team by quite a considerable margin. Iowa desperately needs bodies.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Why does Iowa "desperately need bodies"? Haven't they been solid this year? Injury problems?

I suppose losing Pulkinnen didn't help.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Why does Iowa "desperately need bodies"? Haven't they been solid this year? Injury problems?

I suppose losing Pulkinnen didn't help.

Lost Pulkkinen, Downing, Hagel, Dalpe. Graovac, Olofsson, Schroeder, Tuch, Mitchell have been call-ups throughout the year.

Gabriel recently suspended. Lucia broke his clavicle.

I suppose we gained Carter and Weber, but there are still a lot of holes to fill.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Gabriel and now Seeler suspended. Two guys I don't think we'll ever see on Minnesota's roster (again in Gabiel's case).

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I just posted this in the Kunin thread, but I am going back down to Iowa for a game this next Friday vs Chicago Wolves (St.Louis) and will be doing another breakdown. Will be interesting to see how Tuch has progressed as well as see Kunin. Curious if BU will be knocked out if I will get a look at Greenway or not too.

Are there any individuals you guys would like me to take note of? I am taking my 3 year old to his first pro game and we will be right behind the bench, so I might have some distraction but I will do the best I can!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I just posted this in the Kunin thread, but I am going back down to Iowa for a game this next Friday vs Chicago Wolves (St.Louis) and will be doing another breakdown. Will be interesting to see how Tuch has progressed as well as see Kunin. Curious if BU will be knocked out if I will get a look at Greenway or not too.

Are there any individuals you guys would like me to take note of? I am taking my 3 year old to his first pro game and we will be right behind the bench, so I might have some distraction but I will do the best I can!

Wouldn't mind an update on Reilly, Seeler, and Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad