Minimum OV Ruling

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Gentlemen,

In the wake of numerous compelling arguments, it has been decided that the minimum OV requirement for the 2005-06 season will be 68OV.

There were many reasons for this decision, many of which have already been discussed on the boards. In the end, an additional concern was that an OV requirement of 70 could force teams into making bad trades solely for the sake of compliance, which would run counter to the spirit of the OV rule.

I know that a few of you may be annoyed with this decision, but I ask that you understand that it was made with a great deal of hesitation. Certainly, this isn't an absolutely ideal solution, but it is one that is practical and expedient. Moreover, this decision should only minimally impact most HFNHL franchises. I, for one, just look forward to playing the games.

One final note of clarification - 67.5 equals 68. 67.4 does not. I'm a big fan of using the 5/4 rule for rounding. :)

Sincerely,

Matt Gledhill
HFNHL Commissioner

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Thank you for the confirmation Matt. While my team would make the 70 OV cut if 69.5 counted, I believe this to be the correct decision.

Now let's get playing.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
BTW, I hope everyone remembers the following section of the salary cap rules:
As the Sim does not accurately capture avg game expenses during the season (it only shows current game expenses) the following method will be used to calculate cap adherence.
(i) There will be three check points, start of season, game 30-35, and the trade deadline but there are no penalties attached to any single checkpoint.
(ii) Team payroll will be recorded at each check point on a
spreadsheet and weighted average of the three will be used to determine luxury tax and
annual excess of hard cap (plus applicable penalties) at season end.
(iii) To avoid timing issues related to injuries impacting pro payroll and possibly close the gap with regards to teams hiding players on their farm team we will calculate payroll at these points as such - Top 21 OV
players at 100% of salary (excluding 'dummy' types) regardless of whether they are on the farm or pro team, and all others at 10%. If there is a tie of multiple players with an equal OV for the 21st position the highest
salary player will be used.

so don't bother stuffing people on your farm team, and remember that your salary at start of season is not the final word.

Also, Matt can correct me if I am wrong, but the minimum OV rating necessary to obtain a percentage of the luxary tax will remain at 70.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Of note, and I brought this up previously, I don't expect a player to be counted towards my teams payroll if he isn't playing or part of the core 20 players.

Specifically, Curtis Leschyshyn is my 7th/8th d-man and will not be playing on a healthy roster - in fact, he will spend the season in the minors unless there are injuries. His rating is lower than 6 of my d-men, so I'm obviously not trying to manipulate the payroll here.

But when you compare Leschyshyn's rating to 1 or 2 of my 4th line forwards, his OV is higher. I just want to make sure he isn't counted as one of my top 20 players. I don't plan on playing him as forward on my 4th line (his rating would be lower as a forward anyway), so I don't expect he should be counted as part of my starting line-up or core top 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad