Online Series: Mindhunter (Netflix)

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Looks cool. I really like Zodiac and this seems right along those lines.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Looks like they are basing alot from the book Whoever Fights Monsters by Robert Ressler. An FBI profiler.

Book was amazing. See some similarities in the trailer.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Looks like they are basing alot from the book Whoever Fights Monsters by Robert Ressler. An FBI profiler.

Book was amazing. See some similarities in the trailer.

Assuming Mindhunter by John Douglas is in the mix as well, another top book by one of that first group of profilers.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I watched half of the 1st episode. Started it late last night so i fell asleep midway thru. I seems interesting enough to follow through.

Fincher is directing the 1st episode, i doubt he did all of them.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Fincher directed the first two.

All of the scenes with Ed Kemper are superb.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
2 eps in....is the plot simply holden meeting with serial killers and developing the 1st profiling techniques or will there be a murder investiguation where he uses his talks with the serial killers to catch one?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
2 eps in....is the plot simply holden meeting with serial killers and developing the 1st profiling techniques or will there be a murder investiguation where he uses his talks with the serial killers to catch one?
There are current investigations as well.

As good as the scenes with Kemper are the scenes with Holden and his girlfriend are bad and pointless.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I just started the second episode, but if this follows actual history, this is the extent of it. If I'm remembering correctly, profilers never really caught anyone. They provide information based on educated guesses that can point law enforcement in the direction of the possible offenders. They are able to come to these educated guesses based on the knowledge gained from interviewing past known offenders.

For example the MacDonald Triad, bed wetting, fire starting and killing of animals seen in adolescents. Is possibly predictive of violent tendencies in adulthood. Many known serial offenders have admitted to being afflicted with at least two usually three of these factors. Without speaking at length to offenders, friends and family we would not know this now. And be able to identify signs in children of potential sociopathy in later life.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Anyone else find the Netflix green screen scenes distracting. They are bad in House of Cards as well.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Through 8 episodes. I want more Kemper, though Brudos has been good, but not as good as Kemper was.

Also really like the 15-30 second cold opens documenting Rader.

Fascinating stuff.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Cameron Britton is going to win an Emmy for his performance.

One of may favorite scenes is when we get a glimpse at the BTK killer, who isn't explicitly identified throughout the entire series, as he waits in a house by himself waiting for a victim and then leaves angrily when nobody shows up.

The backstory of this true occurrence is incredible. The victim in this case was an old woman the BTK killer had been stalking for days, and somehow by sheer chance she evaded being murdered several times by staying out late or deciding not to go home at the last second.

He eventually gave up and later told investigators that her evasion absolutely infuriated him beyond belief. Once she was told how close she was to death the old woman promptly moved out of state.

What an awesome part of that awful timeline to put in the show.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
This is my favourite new show of the year. Absolutely riveting. Cameron Britton is an absolutely scene stealer. Also, it's great to see Fincher give a leading role to Holt McCallany, who was excellent in his limited screen time in Fight Club.

David Fincher is simply a master.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->