Confirmed Trade: [MIN/WSH] Marcus Johansson for 2024 3rd round pick

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
and for the record the Capitals traded Sprong to the Kraken for Mojo and Sprong is having a 40 pt season compared to MOJO's epic 11 pt season.

• Haha
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
and for the record the Capitals traded Sprong to the Kraken for Mojo and Sprong is having a 40 pt season compared to MOJO's epic 11 pt season.
Sprong is sitting at 39 points, Mojo is sitting at 39 points. Sprong has had a shortened season, but even still you're way off.

Anyway, this is one trade I'm happy to have been wrong about so far,

Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
MoJo was terrific for Washington. He can play up and down the lineup and is smart enough to play with pretty much anyone. He’s still got wheels and he seems less allergic to shooting the puck than he did in Washington his first time.

I understood Minnesota’s trepidation given his first stint with the team but I was pretty confident they’d be happy with the player this time around. I wouldn’t mind him back in DC next year if he’s willing to do another one year deal for close to the vet minimum.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
MarJo has had such an underrated career, even though he never quite delivered on his early promise.

Rare that you see a guy score at a 45pt/82 game across more than 800 games, all while playing in the league full-time since his 20th birthday, who has never made more than $5mil in a single year and never more than $4.6mil cap hit.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MoJo was terrific for Washington. He can play up and down the lineup and is smart enough to play with pretty much anyone. He’s still got wheels and he seems less allergic to shooting the puck than he did in Washington his first time.

I understood Minnesota’s trepidation given his first stint with the team but I was pretty confident they’d be happy with the player this time around. I wouldn’t mind him back in DC next year if he’s willing to do another one year deal for close to the vet minimum.
ya, he's been a complete surprise up here, and is playing like you said . Kind of stunned that we got him for only a 4th. He seems like a different player than 1st time around. Fast, confident, smart.

great name, btw!

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Sprong is sitting at 39 points, Mojo is sitting at 39 points. Sprong has had a shortened season, but even still you're way off.

Anyway, this is one trade I'm happy to have been wrong about so far,
okay I was looking at the wrong stats....now I understand why it was so noteworthy...because it wasn't actually

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
He was a good deadline acquisition for Boston's 2019 finals run as well

He works very well as a lesser skilled more well rounded Tanguay like plugin you get at the deadline to supplement the middle of the lineup that needs that kind of boost, but has usually been underwhelming as a full season player

Reactions: MNRube

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Yeah. He's not going to drive the bus for you, but he's such a good complementary forward.

ya, he's been a complete surprise up here, and is playing like you said . Kind of stunned that we got him for only a 4th. He seems like a different player than 1st time around. Fast, confident, smart.

great name, btw!

It seems like he got really messed up for a while with his health, where he just wasn't playing at the level he's capable of. But when he's healthy and firing on all cylinders, he really is a great complementary player. He's a really smart player, which seems to make him capable of playing with just about anyone. When he's got that speed on top of it, he's a real useful forward.

He's had a really fascinating up and down career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad