Confirmed Trade: [MIN/DET] Oskar Sundqvist for 2023 4th round pick

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I woulda gave a 4th for this dude to call me back no joke. 3rd if they coulda retained and we knew what he was asking for next year.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Solid enough pickup for the playoffs. Not sure he's really what Minnesota needed exactly, but they obviously have other constraints looming that kind of limit what they can realistically do at the deadline.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
The Wild's deadline has been interesting for it's use of lower draft picks, UFAs to be. cap space, and niche players that might help an unexpected playoff run.

Not as single deal to groan about, yet the Wild come out probably better now and haven't sacrificed the future a bit.

Guerin gets some credit from me.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Just a really solid 3rd liner. Didn't play center in Detroit and I couldn't imagine him at center. Good enough of a role player that he can fill a gap in the top six for a couple games here and there.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
So should be pretty good 4th liner then.

Elite 4th liner I would say because he can do whatever is needed in both checking and forcecking type of roles. And not offensively handicapped with the puck either. One of those guys that "come out of nowhere" to score important goals in the playoffs.

I'll probably be rooting a lil for Minny is playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad