[Millions] Cammy wants out?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
@Fan960Steinberg Feaster also said they've received little interest in Mike Cammalleri. #Flames

Yes, because free agency is around the corner and people aren't desperate to pay for player's they'll have for FREE!!!!

:hulk-angry:

FEASTER!!!!!!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
More and more I'm unable to see Cammy being moved before the deadline. Really, though, I'm not all that disappointed. Cammalleri was willing to compete down the stretch, and showed some leadership.

bigchief12

Feb 22, 2010
Calgary
We all know that. The above poster was stating that GM's will be scouring the FA market for players that can contribute in their lineup for free, instead of trading away assets for Cammy.

He wasn't saying Cammy will be a FA come July 5th.

Oh. I thought when he said "aren't desperate to pay for players they'll have for FREE!!!!" at free agency which is just around the corner, I thought he was talking about this free agency corner and Cammy specifically. Isn't that who/what we are talking about here?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Oh. I thought when he said "aren't desperate to pay for players they'll have for FREE!!!!" at free agency which is just around the corner, I thought he was talking about this free agency corner and Cammy specifically. Isn't that who/what we are talking about here?

No he is saying, why would a GM trade for Cammy when their are players like Horton, Ryder, Ribero etc in Free Agency that is a week away. It wouldn't make sense to try and trade Cammy until a few weeks after free agency and see what teams missed out on getting an offensive winger.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Good! I don't wanna trade Cammy. I don't blame him for wanting a trade, he's a vet guy and it could be argued that Feaster and Co. quit on him. The difference between him and Tangs is, Cammy didn't mail it in. Feaster just needs to tell him to stick it out, be a leader, put up some good numbers and he'll do him a solid and move him to a contender at the deadline. This is a win, win IMO. At least we have a vet that's an offensive threat to keep teams honest to start the season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's blaming Feaster for Cammalleri asking for a trade in the off-season when the demand for him will be lowest.

bigchief12

Feb 22, 2010
Calgary
No he is saying, why would a GM trade for Cammy when their are players like Horton, Ryder, Ribero etc in Free Agency that is a week away. It wouldn't make sense to try and trade Cammy until a few weeks after free agency and see what teams missed out on getting an offensive winger.

I understand the concept you are explaining, it needs no explanation. What was said however indicated that if 29 teams simply waited until this FA date, Cammy would be free to sign without any compensation. Mispoke? Sure, happens all the time, to me too.

Weird thing is, why is everyone else explaining the meaning of this useless post to me but him?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
He's blaming Feaster for Cammalleri asking for a trade in the off-season when the demand for him will be lowest.

No, I was commenting on the reasons as to why there was little interest. I blame Feaster for trading Tangauy at a foolish time.

And even if Cammy demanded a trade, who runs the show? I expect a general manager to bloody manage an organization, which includes telling players they're under contract and they'll sit like Sheldon Souray sat if they so happen to think about not reporting. Feaster is obviously passive and weak if that's his excuse for trading players at a time when the market is at its lowest.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I understand the concept you are explaining, it needs no explanation. What was said however indicated that if 29 teams simply waited until this FA date, Cammy would be free to sign without any compensation. Mispoke? Sure, happens all the time, to me too.

Weird thing is, why is everyone else explaining the meaning of this useless post to me but him?

I'm not online ALL of the time. Someone saw that you didn't understand and they tried to help.

We're kinda like a big family here :)

bigchief12

Feb 22, 2010
Calgary
I'm not online ALL of the time. Someone saw that you didn't understand and they tried to help.

We're kinda like a big family here :)

That's exactly what I did, so queue a bunch of other posters explaining that I meant something else? Weird family.

Anyhoo....

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This family comment reminded my of my fiancée's mother.

She thinks her family is close because she believes "they can say anything to each other" when all she does is destroy the dreams of all her kids. Then suggests I am a ****** person because I never called my parents the night I proposed. :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675622

According to Video as of friday morning no offers for Cammy. Not very suprised nobody wants that contract at the moment. Seems teams are mostly interested at going after the young Flames. Cammy should have been moved at the deadline or this years deadline.

Not overly worried. We still have draft day trades, the 1st and the 5th.
After the dust is settled, people will start ringing up Feaster and trying to get Cammy on a % deal.

Best bet, is to keep Cammy until the deadline. Even if Flames absolutely suck; Cammy will be playing 1st line PP time, take a ton of offensive zone starts and produce; means a big return at the deadline :handclap:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
There is a very strong possibility that Cammalleri given the playing time he will receive and his history producing in the playoffs will be the most sought after asset at the trade deadline.

I am all for keeping him around. His desire to win will be infectious for our younger players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->