Miller Over Carney???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
I'm a Kings fan, but I must admit, I think Keith Carney should have been taken on the U.S. team over Aaron Miller. Miller is physical but not as mobile. He is also very injury prone....Carney is VERY reliable defensively, and he is also a great leader for the Ducks....

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It's about a wash. But, I think Keith will need the extra time to re-cuperate from this season, where he battled injuries for the most part. I still think Carney would've been a good naming though, as he could very well recover before the tournament.

Frankly, I'm surprised Ken Klee beat out Carney rather than Miller. Klee had a decent season, but c'mon, Carney's a top shut-down guy. Unless Klee was picked because Pleau asked Carney about the injuries, and Carney was un-sure if he could play, Pleau goofed big time.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
lux_interior said:
How could he "prove" himself to be better, when Carney didn't play in the tournament?

Doesn't matter. Miller was chosen for the Olympic team and played very well. When healthy (which he is), he is a very good defensive defenseman with good mobility for a player his size. Carney has some health concerns at this point, and probably won't be 100% at the time of the World Cup.

lux_interior

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Doesn't matter. Miller was chosen for the Olympic team and played very well. When healthy (which he is), he is a very good defensive defenseman with good mobility for a player his size. Carney has some health concerns at this point, and probably won't be 100% at the time of the World Cup.
I'm not arguing that Miller played very well for the Olympic team. From what I saw, he did play very well. However, if one were interested in making a true comparison between the two players, they would both have to actually play to say one is better than the other. It would be like me saying, "Carney is better, he proved it during the 2003 playoffs."

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
lux_interior said:
I'm not arguing that Miller played very well for the Olympic team. From what I saw, he did play very well. However, if one were interested in making a true comparison between the two players, they would both have to actually play to say one is better than the other. It would be like me saying, "Carney is better, he proved it during the 2003 playoffs."

You're right. All I'm saying is that based on the last frame of reference in international competition, and their state of current health, Miller has the advantage over Carney and is why he, and a guy like Ken Klee were named over him.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

Mxpunk said:
I'm a Kings fan, but I must admit, I think Keith Carney should have been taken on the U.S. team over Aaron Miller. Miller is physical but not as mobile. He is also very injury prone....Carney is VERY reliable defensively, and he is also a great leader for the Ducks....

wow, that's the nicest i've heard a Kings' fan talk about the Ducks, ever.. i'm going to have to disagree with you, there.. Carney played last year kind of banged up but by season's end he was getting back to 100%..
Miller on the other hand, is ALWAYS banged up.. good player though, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad