Millard Called Calgary "A Contender" On HCAN Today; Wondered If Jagr Would Get In Way Of Run

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Like I said were running in circles here, were not going to see eye to eye, I don't swallow what the media feeds me if it doesn't jive with reality. You want to believe that badly the Flames are contenders because some talking head said so, by all means, you're welcome to it. Does that mean I don't think the Flames can win a Cup, of course not, Smith could play out of his mind, Hamonic could rebound, Brodie could find his game again, Sam could have a breakout season, Jags could play great, Johnny could play consistent. . Our team is full of if's, i'll call them contenders when they put some things together, not just on paper. I'm done arguing semantics of what "evidence" and "contender" mean.

I haven't said I think the Flames are contenders, though. I'm just debating your principle of hard denying it based on a mantra that you can only be a contender if you were already a contender.

Anyway, I'm hedging. I don't think the Flames are quite there yet. I think there are a lot of teams better. But I wouldn't be surprised if they prove me wrong. We're just all better off keeping expectations down.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The Flames' biggest barrier to contender status is one Ryan Getzlaf.

The two players, specifically who play the center ice position on the Flames who can help us get past Ryan Getzlaf are Mark Jankowski and Sam Bennett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad