Recalled/Assigned: Milano/Korpisalo/Carlsson down; Kivlenieks recalled.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Korpi gets a game tomorrow and will be back for Monday? Is Sedlak ready and Milano stays there for a while? Is Carlsson just getting some playing time tomorrow and will be back as well? Interesting.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Korpi gets a game tomorrow and will be back for Monday? Is Sedlak ready and Milano stays there for a while? Is Carlsson just getting some playing time tomorrow and will be back as well? Interesting.

Portzline tweeted and thinks Korpi will be recalled by Monday and get the start in Buffalo... but it’s also porty so who knows.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if Milano stays down. Seems like the Jackets would rather play 11 F and 7 D than Milano.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wouldn't be surprised if Milano stays down. Seems like the Jackets would rather play 11 F and 7 D than Milano.

I personally think Milano and Carlsson should stay down. At least for now.

Sedlak seems close enough to return that they can go with 7 D (Harrington) for the time being, and Calvert can't be too far behind that.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I personally think Milano and Carlsson should stay down. At least for now.

Sedlak seems close enough to return that they can go with 7 D (Harrington) for the time being, and Calvert can't be too far behind that.

I tend to agree. If you're not going to play them (especially Milano) then Cleveland is the place to be. Hurts their bank accounts a bit but will give them experience. Plus it only being a short ride they can easily be recalled if needed.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Other than the goalie, whatever it is seems more like a move to create room than any move to have them get an extra game in...either Sedlak or Wennberg are ready or there’s someone coming in....

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
It's a pleasant surprise to see Kivlenieks called up to look at the big boys. His numbers at first PRO season are sweet as yo....

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Agree with keeping Sonny and Carlsson in Cleveland so they can get TOI. I also might keep Korpi down for a few games to tighten him up before his next start.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I wish Carlson would get his spot back over Nuti but what can you do gettng time in Cleveland is better then watching from the bench. But looking at the record with Carlson in the lineup vs without there is a clear difference in the defenses ability to stop the other team from scoring and a big portion of that is on Nutivaara pushing Murray to his wrong side and forcing Murray to cover for his ass a lot.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I wish Carlson would get his spot back over Nuti but what can you do gettng time in Cleveland is better then watching from the bench. But looking at the record with Carlson in the lineup vs without there is a clear difference in the defenses ability to stop the other team from scoring and a big portion of that is on Nutivaara pushing Murray to his wrong side and forcing Murray to cover for his ass a lot.

Really? Murray also has to play the wrong side with Carlsson considering Carlsson is a left handed defenseman. Nutivaara also is a much better offensive threat than Carlsson will ever be. You are comparing two players that play the exact opposite game. They have different capabilities that are beneficial to a team. Depends what you want. Do you want someone who creates more offensively with some defensive deficiencies or do you want someone who plays more stay at home, can join the rush but will never have much in terms of offensive ability? Too bad they can put them together, they'd have a Norris candidate.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Really? Murray also has to play the wrong side with Carlsson considering Carlsson is a left handed defenseman. Nutivaara also is a much better offensive threat than Carlsson will ever be. You are comparing two players that play the exact opposite game. They have different capabilities that are beneficial to a team. Depends what you want. Do you want someone who creates more offensively with some defensive deficiencies or do you want someone who plays more stay at home, can join the rush but will never have much in terms of offensive ability? Too bad they can put them together, they'd have a Norris candidate.
Aka Murray? Murray can change his game depending on who he's paired with. He plays much more aggressive offensively this season when paired with Carlsson.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

Really? Murray also has to play the wrong side with Carlsson considering Carlsson is a left handed defenseman.

Haven't been able to watch the past few games closely, but earlier in the year Murray was exclusively playing on the left side, regardless of who he was playing with.

I will also add that, yes I would also like to see Carlsson push himself into the top 6, but Nutivaara has looked very good after a slow start. He deserves to play over Carlsson atm. Would not be opposed to Carlsson getting some time in the AHL.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Looks like Milano and Korpisalo were recalled, didn't get an alert for Carlsson though.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Carlson has been playing RHD all year with both Murray and JJ. And I'm fine with our bottom pair being stay at home because our top 4 jump on loke crazy it doesn't hurt tonhabe a bottom pair that would be a sturdy as Murray and Carlson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad