Youtube: Milan Lucic vs Michael Haley April 7, 2017

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Nurse has 5" and 8lbs
Kassian has 4" and 12lbs

Haley is 31 years old and has a **** ton more experience so quit making homer excuses for him

What excuses do I need to make? He worked those guys. You're the one quoting me on an inch difference lol.

Oh, and last I checked, 8 and 12 pounds is indeed weight, so maybe you should do some research before you post and look pedantic and bad.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
A quick lookup of haley says he is 5'11

On skates maybe. Seen him in person and we're literally the same height (between 5-9 and 5-10).

that's exactly how it works! the post above yours listed Haley as 5' 11" 205 pounds on NHL.com, which is his actual size and weight *without* skates and equipment on! ....hardly a lightweight as you insinuated. and Haley is a fighter so he's more than tough enough to fight the bigger guys and even win. if you don't like the kinds of responses you get to your posts then don't post nonsense!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
that's exactly how it works! the post above yours listed Haley as 5' 11" 205 pounds on NHL.com, which is his actual size and weight *without* skates and equipment on! ....hardly a lightweight as you insinuated. and Haley is a fighter so he's more than tough enough to fight the bigger guys and even win. if you don't like the kinds of responses you get to your posts then don't post nonsense!
Lol. You believe height listings are 100% factual. How cute.

Newsflash: players under 6 ft tall always give themselves an extra inch or two. Often add pounds, too, because of years of discrimination about height and weight.

I don't even understand what you're getting at with any of this. The responses by you two oilers fans were pedantic and had very little to do with my actual point. Thry actually reinforced a good portion of what you guys were trying to prove me wrong about.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
^Every player adds height, especially those under 6 ft tall.

But falsely equate and exaggerate all you'd like.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
So players "give themselves " extra inches and weight and that's what's posted on NHL.com and not what the official height and weight that the team takes? Reaching a bit to support your argument are we?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yes, players get a say in what is listed. You see it in every sport, where every guy that is obviously 5-10 is listed at 6 ft or above. Nfl quarterbacks do it all the time.This isn't groundbreaking stuff, guy.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Man, knowing that i should have told them i was 4 inches taller to use the water slide when i was 8. I didn't want to wait until i was 11-12...

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Ok, the listed heights and weights are 100% accurate.

Brb gonna go make my list for santa.

Last edited:

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Byfuglien was always listed as 250lbs or something

then he got arrested for his boat DUI thing and weighed in at 305lbs at the police station.

was it during the season or during the summer? (August 31, 2011 !) i would find it extremely hard to believe that he ever played at that weight but players are human and can add/lose weight like the rest of us i suppose.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
you'd be surprised at how much weight certain players can gain/lose in one shot ! if Buff was arrested at 305 at the end of August, i bet he was told to lose a good 25 to 30 pounds before the start of the season and he probably did. i have heard players say before that they have lost weight throughout the season as they continue to play and work out. there is NO WAY Buff started the regular season at 300+ pounds!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The pushback you've taken over this is pretty funny. I assumed this was common knowledge. Players have been fudging height and weight for as long as I can remember.

Correct. Some players even get measured in their shoes/skates to get more height and teams look the other way. Or they'll just raise up their heels just a little bit to not be noticed to gain another half an inch or more.

As an aside, Lucic has said before that during the season ( this was during his prime Bruins days ) that he has gotten up to 260-270 pounds and was the second heaviest guy on the team to Chara, who would get up to almost 280-290. NHL.com and hockeydb height and weights are often wrong because of players fudging heights and weight fluctuates during the season.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Correct. Some players even get measured in their shoes/skates to get more height and teams look the other way. Or they'll just raise up their heels just a little bit to not be noticed to gain another half an inch or more.

As an aside, Lucic has said before that during the season ( this was during his prime Bruins days ) that he has gotten up to 260-270 pounds and was the second heaviest guy on thy team to Chara, who would get up to almost 280-290. NHL.com and hockeydb height and weights are often wrong because of players fudging heights and weight fluctuates during the season.

Don't believe the bolded for a second. Almost every player is losing weight as the season goes on. Chara played at almost 300 lbs? Get out of here, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->