Player Discussion Milan Lucic V.2.0

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
MAN some of you guys must be a hoot to hang around with with all your negativity. Your wives/girlfriends (if you have them) Must love hanging out with you. You must be a riot at work also. Life of the party with your friends.

Seriously go hit the gym and workout. Release some endorphins. Improve your self esteem. It will stop you from being so miserable. It’s a game. No reason to be so mad at the world. Lucic sucks. Is that what you want to hear? Does that make you happy? Does people saying Lucic sucks make your life better? And if he sucks who cares? How does it affect your life?

But have it. I’m done with this thread. Have a great night.

“The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts.” Robin Sharma

Aka, stop thinking so negative....especially about unimportant things.

Reactions: Killer Z

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Looch blows chunks right now. This is just hockey fact. But we should atleast give him props tonight on poppping Smith a few times and bloodying Tanner Glass during the Battle of Alberta. Also a big hit.

Reactions: dawunderboy

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
$6 million bucks for a guy who hasn't stood up for a teammate once this year and has one goal in his last 40+ games.

Yep **** the haters.

Lucic is a selfish player who only plays uses his "intimidation" when someone comes at him. McDavid has been taking more abuse than any of them. All year. Lucic hasn't done a thing. Lest we forget Matt Benning had to fight Evander Kane while Lucic was out there for a Sunday stroll.

But yeah, great game beating up some plug who actually came to the defense of one of his teammates.

Here is one from the beginning of the season, "nobody messes with Nuge"...

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
Just wanted to insert this here too: "don't mess with Lucic".

Have to say, I like the person he is, sad his game has been lost for a half of the season now.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
No one in this league wants to fight Lucic. Last year Lucic set the tone first game. Give McDavid a dirty shot and answer to me.

Honestly I would hate to see the abuse Connor gets every night with out Lucic on this team.

Anyone watch Coaches Corner and see the abuse Crosby is starting to take without Reaves there? Fear is real folks. Meanwhile Crosby is one pace to play every game for the first time in his career. Can’t believe they let Reaves go.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Lucic is a 6 million dollar insurance policy. You hate paying for it but once it's gone then something bad will happen. This year has been embarrassing for Lucic and he'll bounce back next season.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No one in this league wants to fight Lucic. Last year Lucic set the tone first game. Give McDavid a dirty shot and answer to me.

Honestly I would hate to see the abuse Connor gets every night with out Lucic on this team.

Anyone watch Coaches Corner and see the abuse Crosby is starting to take without Reaves there? Fear is real folks. Meanwhile Crosby is one pace to play every game for the first time in his career. Can’t believe they let Reaves go.
You know why nobody wants to fight Lucic?

Because it might actually wake him up out of his coma.

Reactions: OilDrop37

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Felt bad for Glass in that game. Im not sure Lucic even gave that fight 100% and it looked so one sided. Lucic even holding back hurts people.

Would rather have won the game than watch that pummeling but it was a bit of conciliation I suppose.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
MAN some of you guys must be a hoot to hang around with with all your negativity. Your wives/girlfriends (if you have them) Must love hanging out with you. You must be a riot at work also. Life of the party with your friends.

Seriously go hit the gym and workout. Release some endorphins. Improve your self esteem. It will stop you from being so miserable. It’s a game. No reason to be so mad at the world. Lucic sucks. Is that what you want to hear? Does that make you happy? Does people saying Lucic sucks make your life better? And if he sucks who cares? How does it affect your life?

“The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts.” Robin Sharma

You don't really get to state "f*** off haters" and then quote Transcendental Meditation within 5mins on the same board and thread without any hint of irony.

Albeit I'll assume mirth on your part. ;)

To answer some comments I think Lucic will be better, probably much better next season. He's showing skill again and showing focus, and well, he fought last night and was a heat seeking missile. Looked to me like he was serving some notice.

Really he's been playing better for about 5 games, results not happening but the guy is again making some plays. Last night a damn good control of the puck and pass on the line. It was a good attack and he's showing several again. I was worried for awhile that maybe he was having fine motor control problems which can happen with CTE or concussion history. In simplest terms being a bit punch drunk for awhile.

It appears more the case that Lucic did just shut down as you said earlier. Tend to agree. But to me that's problematic given his pay, given his A, and that this is a young team that really needs better examples than Lucic deciding not to play half a season. Shake it how you want but that part is disappointing regardless if Lucic gets say 45pts next season. I think 50 will be increasingly hard for him to get to and it certainly depends on use and what other Wingers the Oilers might have next season.

Lastly, despite Lucic's apparent ability to turn it off and on and be a pro at dog f***ing when he wants to this can't at all feature very well for Chia who may actually get fired for some of the player moves and including Lucic. Even if that doesn't shake down (I don't think it will) its extremely bad grace to have somebody go out on a limb for you and bring you in, pay you the most you've ever made, make you a captain, and then have this performance. In stand up world that doesn't occur. Lucic knows that but did it anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol and shoop

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

LOL must be a realtor of Lucic. It sucks becauze we are fans of this team. It sucks because his contract is a cancer preventing 6m of skill in the lineup. It sucks because he is the replacement for Taylor hall.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Or he’s just the toughest guy in the league?
Toughness means nothing if you don't actually use it. Other players just stay away from him, because he's not going to catch them.

If he was potting goals I could overlook his soft play but 1 goal in half a season is simply inexcusable.

Just imagine if Hall or Eberle went through that dry of a spell.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Toughness means nothing if you don't actually use it. Other players just stay away from him, because he's not going to catch them.

If he was potting goals I could overlook his soft play but 1 goal in half a season is simply inexcusable.

Just imagine if Hall or Eberle went through that dry of a spell.

Toughness is still evident.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Toughness is still evident.
When's the last time the Oilers physically intimidated an opponent to a win? Has that even happened this year?

Lucic is a relic of a former age. Teams know not to bother with him because he's not going to hurt you on the scoreboard and he's not likely to hurt you on the ice either.

If he was still potting 20 a year I would sorta excuse the soft play. But to have this kind of season would get most players crucified.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
When's the last time the Oilers physically intimidated an opponent to a win? Has that even happened this year?

Lucic is a relic of a former age. Teams know not to bother with him because he's not going to hurt you on the scoreboard and he's not likely to hurt you on the ice either.

If he was still potting 20 a year I would sorta excuse the soft play. But to have this kind of season would get most players crucified.

When was the last time a player took a dirty shot at McDavid?

Give you a hint, played for Philly and Lucic wasn’t on our team yet.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
When was the last time a player took a dirty shot at McDavid?

Give you a hint, played for Philly and Lucic wasn’t on our team yet.
So you're saying Manning would've been intimidated? By what? That bear that can't skate very fast?

We're paying 6 million for a bodyguard that can't do anything else. I see teams slash McDavid constantly and take liberties with our other players. There's no big Lucic effect going on here. His buddy Kassian is just as dormant too. Toughness isn't a big deal if you can just skate past it.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
So you're saying Manning would've been intimidated? By what? That bear that can't skate very fast?

We're paying 6 million for a bodyguard that can't do anything else. I see teams slash McDavid constantly and take liberties with our other players. There's no big Lucic effect going on here. His buddy Kassian is just as dormant too. Toughness isn't a big deal if you can just skate past it.

Slashes, hooks, hits that’s all hockey. Dirty plays don’t happen.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Slashes, hooks, hits that’s all hockey. Dirty plays don’t happen.
Yeah that slash that broke Gaudreau's hand wasn't a dirty play... Slashes are never dirty... Especially not ones to the hand.

6 million for 10 goals and not much else. This guy has not been conducive to winning hockey once this sesaon.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And McDavid has been healthy
That's great.

Too bad the team surrounding him sucks.

Crosby hasn't missed more than 10 games in a season since 2013. He's also won two Cups since then. I don't think he's too worried about getting run while he's too busy winning hockey games.

Boy the Oilers sure intimidated the hell out of those Vancouver Canucks, didn't they?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->