Player Discussion Milan Lucic V.2.0

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
I thought Lucic had a better game today, I noticed him make some nice plays, the play didn't die with him as it has so often of late. Hopefully giving him less ice time puts him in a better position to succeed.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Would be epic if he came into camp for next season at 235 and all top heavy again.

Why should he care? He knows he will be gifted some prime ice time no matter what he does.

Killer Z

Aug 24, 2005
Edmonton, AB
1 fluke goal since christmas...

but yeah I admit I did enjoy him beating up on Smith and a guy that should be in the ECHL.

I hear ya bro, the guy needs to score goals and he has majorly stunk, but love seeing the fire tonight. We’re stuck with him for another few years. May as well cheer for him to return to last year’s Looch.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
1 fluke goal since christmas...

but yeah I admit I did enjoy him beating up on Smith and a guy that should be in the ECHL.

Thank the league for guaranteed contracts. Looch can't score anymore but he can bang. What can you do?

It was awesome to see him give smith those punches in the head.

Reactions: PulYou

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
**** all you Lucic haters.

See what Cherry thinks about Pit trading Reaves and the abuse Crosby has had to endure and the Stamkos having to stand up for himself because they have no one else...

Ron and Don: Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds are 'a bunch of hotdogs' - Sportsnet.ca
$6 million bucks for a guy who hasn't stood up for a teammate once this year and has one goal in his last 40+ games.

Yep f*** the haters.

Lucic is a selfish player who only plays uses his "intimidation" when someone comes at him. McDavid has been taking more abuse than any of them. All year. Lucic hasn't done a thing. Lest we forget Matt Benning had to fight Evander Kane while Lucic was out there for a Sunday stroll.

But yeah, great game beating up some plug who actually came to the defense of one of his teammates.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
Spawn I knew you were going to reply lol. Stop with the negativity man. Seriously.

Yes he’s been bad but he will rebound next year. And come playoff time he will be there for this team. He was last year and will again next year when we return. And I want Lucic on this team in the playoffs when we go against the heavy teams like Ana, Wpg and even Nsh.

I agree that he hasn’t been worth his salary This year. But I believe he will rebound next year. If you don’t...well great.

I rather believe then Be negative and a miserable prick.

Lucic also stuck up plenty times last year for McDavid. He’s disappointed In that role this year but again I believe he will return to being the player he has been for his entire career

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Spawn I knew you were going to reply lol. Stop with the negativity man. Seriously.

Yes he’s been bad but he will rebound next year. And come playoff time he will be there for this team. He was last year and will again next year when we return. And I want Lucic on this team in the playoffs when we go against the heavy teams like Ana, Wpg and even Nsh.

I agree that he hasn’t been worth his salary This year. But I believe he will rebound next year. If you don’t...well great.

I rather believe then Be negative and a miserable prick.

Lucic also stuck up plenty times last year for McDavid. He’s disappointed In that role this year but again I believe he will return to being the player he has been for his entire career
The dude hasn't stuck up for a teammate once in 2018. His only fight so far was him defending himself after trying to fight a freaking goalie of all people. While I thought that was hilarious, that's certainly not going to garner your team any respect and is most definitely not going to protect your star players.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
Again he did stick up for his teammates last year. This year we were out of the race by Xmas. Pretty hard to keep engaged when you know it’s pointless. Lucic has stuck up for his teammates his whole career. So one season (his worst his entire career outside his rookie year) and you think this is the norm?

Again maybe I’m using rose coloured glasses but I think he rebounds in a big way next year.

Everyone struggles. Even professional athletes. Look at yourselves? Are you telling me you’ve never struggled in your professional or personal lives? Cut the guy some slack. If he struggles again next year then go head and be negative and miserable all you want. But one bad year doesn’t define a career or person.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
**** all you Lucic haters.

See what Cherry thinks about Pit trading Reaves and the abuse Crosby has had to endure and the Stamkos having to stand up for himself because they have no one else...

Ron and Don: Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds are 'a bunch of hotdogs' - Sportsnet.ca

These can't be serious posts. Lucic hasn't fought since November. He's been a non entity throughout 2018. 1 goal in last 41 gp and he has one fight and you think this is the big timing moment you get to label haters?

Are you his mom?

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Again he did stick up for his teammates last year. This year we were out of the race by Xmas. Pretty hard to keep engaged when you know it’s pointless. Lucic has stuck up for his teammates his whole career. So one season (his worst his entire career outside his rookie year) and you think this is the norm?

Again maybe I’m using rose coloured glasses but I think he rebounds in a big way next year.

Everyone struggles. Even professional athletes. Look at yourselves? Are you telling me you’ve never struggled in your professional or personal lives? Cut the guy some slack. If he struggles again next year then go head and be negative and miserable all you want. But one bad year doesn’t define a career or person.
See the thing is, when we struggle on a professional/personal level, there are consequences. Be it a stern talking to from our superiors or just outright being dismissed. Lucic not only hasn't been punished for his poor play, he has been rewarded with MORE power play time. What does that show a player like Slepyshev who is working his a** off night in night out for less than 1 million per season, to see that a player who clearly isn't trying and earns nearly 10 times as much as him, all the while performing worse get pushed towards the gravy minutes? I guarantee you the energetic productive office worker would not be happy seeing the lazy old-timer who sits at his deck smoking pot all day getting all the raises and promotions, but that's effectively what we have going on in Edmonton. Lucic needs to either figure out whatever the **** is bothering him or GTFO.

Reactions: Aerrol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

See, it doesn't really matter what Lucic does next season. He checked out of this one at Xmas and there happens to be an "A" on his jersey. In terms of accountability, to "THIS TEAM" he has been a joke this season.

That is completely unacceptable. The team required his best efforts this season ad would have every reason to expect it considering what they are paying him and making him an Associate Captain. He's disappointed this season in every way.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
See, it doesn't really matter what Lucic does next season. He checked out of this one at Xmas and there happens to be an "A" on his jersey. In terms of accountability, to "THIS TEAM" he has been a joke this season.

That is completely unacceptable. The team required his best efforts this season ad would have every reason to expect it considering what they are paying him and making him an Associate Captain. He's disappointed this season in every way.
But what's actually gonna happen is that Lucic is gonna get more gravy minutes next game and Slepyshev is going to be a healthy scratched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->