[FIELDSET= 2015-16 HIGHLIGHTS]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET= SUMMER TRAINING]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET= SAN ANTONIO VISIT]

[/FIELDSET]

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Read from Finnish paper today that he's expected to play against the Jets, and is expected to have a spot on one of the top6 lines.

That's great news.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Keep in mind SA plays Tuesday too. It's crazy they have 5 games in 7 days. I think they want him playing that game too. But then practice with the Avs a couple days.
If he is playing that many games, I wouldn't mind if he doesn't play Tuesday so he can get some rest. If he plays that day and with the travel day it still makes for a very busy 10 days for him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
We need him to apply some Scrubs BeGone.

This team needs smarts, calm and puck skill and he can bring that, even though he's just a rookie. Replacing Iginla or even making sure we could use Söderberg and Duchene on different line. It all helps.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

This team needs smarts, calm and puck skill and he can bring that, even though he's just a rookie. Replacing Iginla or even making sure we could use Söderberg and Duchene on different line. It all helps.

Addition by addition forcing subtraction lol

Lol, I was just thinking that. He better turn out all right.

I think hes probably the only top ten pick we haven't had jump right into the NHL. Hell we even started a second round pick right after drafting him lol.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
He's going to be a breath of fresh air into the top 6. What makes this start better is that we aren't even icing our best lineuep, and Rantanen is going to play a big role for us this year.

Can't wait to see what he can do with Bednar's system and some good players.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think Rantanen will be a savior by any means, but I think Bednar wants and needs more smart players who can make quick reads and quick plays. Any coach does of course, but Avs aren't the most skilled or smart team.

He's still a kid and will make kid mistakes, but that's fine.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't think Rantanen will be a savior by any means, but I think Bednar wants and needs more smart players who can make quick reads and quick plays. Any coach does of course, but Avs aren't the most skilled or smart team.

He's still a kid and will make kid mistakes, but that's fine.

You could see it last night, there was never not someone out there who couldn't complete a accurate pass.

We just need more raw talent, and with Bednar's system, rookie mistakes should cost us a little less. It's not like our veteran forwards are not making mistakes anyways.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Colbourne says hi and scores a ton

Really, next to Colborne is probably the best place for him right of the bat.

The top two lines have guys that need the puck too much for him to be the go to guy on his line.

Bring Grigorenko down to play LW and you have a sneaky scary third.

Grigs, Goals, Rants

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
I think his biggest impact before he really grows is the fact that he'll simply not be a Iggy or whoever on Dutchys wing and slowing down the whole line. Just having someone with the skill to be in the top 6 will be a big help

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ahh the Foppa to Hejduk special.

That was the behind the back pass too. I've only seen one or two other people really pull that pass off in the NHL and score since they seemed to nail it every time, and they've got more room behind the nets now too. Of course it helped that Milan's hands were deadly and could bury that one timer nearly every time too.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I think

Landy - Mack - Iggy
Colborne - Duchene - Rantanen
Grigorenko - Soderberg - Comeau

should be tried out.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think

Landy - Mack - Iggy
Colborne - Duchene - Rantanen
Grigorenko - Soderberg - Comeau

should be tried out.

I think I'd be happier with this, at this point.

Landy - MacK - Cody
Goalbourne - Duchy - Mikko
Greg - Soda - Lake

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver

This team needs smarts, calm and puck skill
and he can bring that, even though he's just a rookie. Replacing Iginla or even making sure we could use Söderberg and Duchene on different line. It all helps.

Let's bring Forsberg back, can't be worse than Iginla no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->