Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'm sure if he did have that Arrogance Kucherov put him in his place real quick. Not many players it seems gathers as much respect from his fellow country men as Kucherov does from everything I read. I wouldn't be shocked if hes the leader of that Russian Click we have going on in our team, and to be fair I'm all for it.
I think you're probably right. I remember seeing Kuch kind of laying into Serg on the bench after his first goal. Kuch was gesturing as though he thought Serg had been out of position, or made the wrong play. I thought it seemed a bit harsh, and Serg looked kind of baffled.

The next period Kuch had the puck in the corner and baited everyone over towards him, at which point Serg sprang up into the vacant ice. Kuch hit him with a laser which he buried with an absolte beauty of a wrist shot for his second goal of the night. I'll never know, but in hindsight it sure seemed like Kuch had been telling him to be mindful of that exact scenario. Good stuff.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I honestly think he made more mistakes tonight than he did in the previous 13 games combined. He's lucky this game didn't happen in his first 9.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i would be ok to give him one night off just to watch a game. He hopefully got talked to at least 2 times tonight. I didnt think him trying to deke someone in ozone was an issue the middle ground bad passes that he missed the safety OHHH wrong sport haha were BAD but as someone pointed out dotchins were worse smdh

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How much credit does Murray get for this trade? Because this was all scouting him in Windsor - what a ballsy deal by Yzerman to bring him in, and whoever told him it was worth it deserves a damn raise.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Everyone has been superfocused on the bolts forwards as improvement in our offense this year. But I really believe its been the improvement in our D that has been the primary reason and the kid has been part of that. Serg has helped stabilize our second defensive pairing and along with his play on the PP, we now have an abundance of puck movers. I never ever remember the bolts having Dmen on multiple lines that could move the puck. Even the third line of Girardi-Coburn have been adequate at getting the puck out of their own end.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Not sure how this trade ends up but it makes me smile reading the Canadiens board.. some calling the trade McDonagh 2.0 which has me gigglin like a school girl.

Far to soon to grade the trade but I love reading their zomg meltdowns.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Not sure how this trade ends up but it makes me smile reading the Canadiens board.. some calling the trade McDonagh 2.0 which has me gigglin like a school girl.

Far to soon to grade the trade but I love reading their zomg meltdowns.

Yes. And I like Drouin A LOT. But you don't trade a kid with Sergachev's tools. The Canadiens were nuts.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This guy is a stud. The moves he calmly makes at the blueline are remarkable. He's got tools no other defenseman on the team has. He's unique in a sense that we don't have any other pure offensive defenseman. He can play, but in his first year, almost a quarter of the season in, he's behind Hedman by one point. He can easily be in the 15 goal range. That's crazy. Not sure how we got him.

Who did we trade to get him? Adam Hall? No. Was it Purcell? Can't put my thumb on it. Oh well, we don't miss the forward I'm sure.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, his offensive skillset (especially his shot arsenal, so damn impressive) is something that can't be taught, it's a natural gift. We can't say it enough tho, he's having a good start but that's just that, the beginning of his professional career and the league will adapt. That's how he'll respond to adversity that will chart Mikhail's path forward, and we're not there yet. That being said, his ceiling is really through the roof.
On the downside he really needs to be more careful protecting himself against the headhunters.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Keller is getting all of the ROY talk right now, but Sergachev has out produced him per TOI as a defender.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
What law school is Serg going to? Coop might help him with his legal studies!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
To be fair, Keller is playing in a black-hole. What he's doing is nothing short of incredible. To me he's easily the best rookie this year.

Easily, no case for Sergachev over Keller. Serg isn't even top-5 right now there's tons of outstanding rookies at the moment.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Serg is good, he's not Calder good. Then again for a defenseman to be a Calder level player out the gate would make him one of the best defenseman in the league.

Being the Calder winner on the Lightning would be incredibly hard this season.

Side note - Only thing I want the kid to stop doing is being so hesitant. He looks scared a lot (not of getting hit) because he doesn't want to do the wrong thing and get sent down.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Serg is good, he's not Calder good. Then again for a defenseman to be a Calder level player out the gate would make him one of the best defenseman in the league.

Being the Calder winner on the Lightning would be incredibly hard this season.

Side note - Only thing I want the kid to stop doing is being so hesitant. He looks scared a lot (not of getting hit) because he doesn't want to do the wrong thing and get sent down.
WAT.jpg

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Easily, no case for Sergachev over Keller. Serg isn't even top-5 right now there's tons of outstanding rookies at the moment.

Top 5? Who would you put in front of him? His raw stats put him in front of almost all rookies, forwards or defenders.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Top 5? Who would you put in front of him? His raw stats put him in front of almost all rookies, forwards or defenders.
Keller, Barzal, Boeser, and McAvoy are the guys I'd have ahead of him. I'd put him at 5 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->