Mikhail grabovski opinion (non habs fan)

henri2014

Jul 30, 2005
Im a habs fan but ive watch teh game yesterday and i liked what i saw, hes a bit small. He gets push around alot but still makes plays. Hes fast and i hope he uses the perezoghin treatment this summer and get 10 pounds heavier without loosing his great speed.

Ive notice yesterday that he doesnt give up on plays, it looks like he has heart. He went and defended teamates and with his speed and work he was able to get the loose puck often.

I sure hope he continues like that, i wasnt too high on him b4 november but now with the stats he has put on and the game i saw yesterday it made me optimistic about his futur. We could have a center for next year. He still has to work in the AHL but base on what i saw yesterday and what ive seen on this board, its either him kost that has to be called up next, depends on what is needed winger or center. Lapierre didnt really impress me yesterday but still he could be consider for a 4th line center role.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
he can definately skate and has some good puck skills, but i think he will need another year in the AHL at least.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Why do you always ask for non-habs fans opinions?.. Do you know that we watch our own players and prospects more than other teams' fans do? Also, most of us are unbiased...

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Also, most of us are unbiased...

That's not at all true. Most Habs fans here are fanboys.

Anyway, Grabo has really been coming on as of late on a line with Kostitsyn and Milroy. I haven't gotten a chance to see him (missed yesterday's Sportsnet broadcast) but indications are he will need to get stronger.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
That's not at all true. Most Habs fans here are fanboys.
Well, except most fans of other teams probably don't follow him as closely, so as long as you can do a half decent job of fanboy-filtering, you'll probably still get the best answer from Habs fans, IMO. Generally speaking.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Why do you always ask for non-habs fans opinions?.. Do you know that we watch our own players and prospects more than other teams' fans do? Also, most of us are unbiased...

Most Hab fans ARE fanboys. Most fans for most teams are fanboys. Yes we'll have seen our prospects more but that doesn't mean other fans won't have seen them either. They'll in turn be able to provide us with non-biased opinions.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Well, except most fans of other teams probably don't follow him as closely, so as long as you can do a half decent job of fanboy-filtering, you'll probably still get the best answer from Habs fans, IMO. Generally speaking.

That's not really true. Hype is pretty powerful, so you'll see habs fans collectively spread misinformation. A few examples from the past years:

- Ryder is soft
- Garon > just about anything
- Kostitsyn is amazing
- Kostitsyn is almost NHL-ready (before he came over...lots of people were penciling him into the first line)
- Kostitsyn is a bust
- Ribeiro is useless and no other team could ever possibly want him
- Plekanec > Ribeiro
- Hainsey, Hossa and Balej are all can't-miss prospects

...and so on. That was all just off the top of my head, but there are countless examples where the whole fanbase just starts believing nonsense. The current ones are that Lapierre would instantly be an offensive upgrade to the team if he was called up, and that Souray is brutal defensively in his own end. So yeah, I understand the value of asking for non-habs fan input.

Anywho, I'm a habs fan, but I may as well chip in my opinion on Grabovsky too, now that I'm here. I think he looks great in the AHL so far, and he really seems to have clicked with Kostitsyn, which is nice. He needs to bulk up a bit, but I'm not convinced that would keep him from getting a call up later in the season. I think his biggest problem at the NHL level will be one of communication. From what I have heard his English is still pretty bad, although I suppose if given the right (Russian) linemates he could work around that, but he'd still have some problems communicating with the coaching staff and the rest of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad