Injury Report: Mike Trout out with hamate bone fracture in left hand

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
matt olson missed just under 2 months after suffering the same injury in 2019. so i wouldn't expect him back until late august at the earliest, maybe a little earlier if the angels are still in the WC hunt

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
That particular bone is one of the many irregular shaped bones that form your wrist area. It's a delicate area and would be no surprise if recovery is longer than you would think.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Obviously sucks for Trout but probably doesn't hurt the Angels as much as people might think. He's been awful for the majority of the last two months and I wouldn't be surprised if we got equal production out of Adell + more playing time for Moniak. That said, this isn't a playoff team regardless.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
angels are 6-2 without trout this season.

he has talent sure. but i think he's one of the most overrated players in the league. also not very durable.

trade him for a nice haul of players and hope that some of them can emerge as quality starring players. also trade rendon.

i like the way the team is currently structured. decent quality starting pitching. ohtani is surrounded by some decent bats in the lineup. real good speed on the basepaths. the front office can build on this going forward.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
angels are 6-2 without trout this season.

he has talent sure. but i think he's one of the most overrated players in the league. also not very durable.

trade him for a nice haul of players and hope that some of them can emerge as quality starring players. also trade rendon.

i like the way the team is currently structured. decent quality starting pitching. ohtani is surrounded by some decent bats in the lineup. real good speed on the basepaths. the front office can build on this going forward.
Trout is certainly not durable, but describing him as "he has talent" is kind of like saying "Ruth had a little power."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad