Injury Report: Mike Smith's groin injury

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hopefully they don't rush him back.

Our organization is very good at making sure players don't rush back and get re-injured. Sometimes it seems like they sit out too much, but it's generally a short term pain for long term gain type of attitude.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Will-Ferrell-Happy-Excited.gif

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hope he is coming back. It was Gillies' fault that we lost to Dallas but he looked like he can break down anytime.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hope he is coming back. It was Gillies' fault that we lost to Dallas but he looked like he can break down anytime.

I'm sure that's suppose to be wasn't.

I thought Gillies had an okay game. We got beat by the hot hand. I'm not overly confident in our chances with Rittich and Gillies playing out the remainder of the season, even if we have a light schedule.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

It was reported on Sunday that he'd be staying Calgary this week, hopefully this means a return is soon.

The only person who could get us into the playoffs is Smith, but it's still so unlikely that I'd rather he just takes the rest of the season off rather than risk re-aggravating the injury.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Just heard this on the Fan. Very surprised he's in BUF currently. Either that means he's feeling good, or we're rushing him.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
tough call, as we are not exactly out. But we'd have to go on a hell of a tear to sniff the playoffs at this point. Hopefully he's actually ready to go, if we rush him and he gets re-injured that's horrible for going into next season I imagine. Really tough call on management and coaches, not one I'd like to be making. Our sub-NHL goaltending since Smith has been out is clearly killing us and any hopes we have of the post season.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I totally have a feeling this is being rushed, probably mostly from Smith but I also don’t think management will stop him. If he can’t come back over the next game or so, the season is done.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I totally have a feeling this is being rushed, probably mostly from Smith but I also don’t think management will stop him. If he can’t come back over the next game or so, the season is done.

I think we have great management and medical staff. I don't recall us rushing anyone back from injury ever since Treliving took the helm. This includes the Hartley injury era. I seem to remember lots of "I feel like I'm ready, but it's all medical staff and coach's call" interviews.

I would not be worried anyone about rushing Smith including Smith himself. I'm pretty sure Treliving is patient. Too patient if anything. There's no way he rushes Smith back just to try and get a head start on getting back in the playoff race.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think we have great management and medical staff. I don't recall us rushing anyone back from injury ever since Treliving took the helm. This includes the Hartley injury era. I seem to remember lots of "I feel like I'm ready, but it's all medical staff and coach's call" interviews.

I would not be worried anyone about rushing Smith including Smith himself. I'm pretty sure Treliving is patient. Too patient if anything. There's no way he rushes Smith back just to try and get a head start on getting back in the playoff race.

I hope you are correct. This just seemed very out of the blue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->