Confirmed with Link: Mike Richards 1 Year 1$M [mod note: posts 55 & 140]

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
I thought Richards had fantastic defensive work in Games 5 and 6. One of our most effective players at preventing goals. Great pickup.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I suspect that Richards won't be back. Might be but I would not be surprised if he can't get over $1m someplace else.

Meanwhile, I was a little disappointed with his face off numbers v the Flyers. Beagle was great. Richards less so. But Philly is a good face off team. Clearly he has been a good fit on the pk which was outstanding.

With Ghost plus G and Simmons they were supposed to have a good PP and they got nothing to speak of.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
In a sense then he's super Brooks Laich.

Hopefully the lack of offensive output will help keep his salary ask down in the offseason.

Ehh, despite having similar uses, I don't think Richards and Laich play similar games. Laich has better speed (even if its not what it once was), but isn't nearly as willing to throw a shoulder at someone or crunch someone along the boards. While both players play "north-south games" in the general sense, Laich's game is quite literally about straight ahead play in both directions, while Richards tries to slow down the pace a bit and attempts more heads-up east-west passes (though he no longer has the skill to make them regularly).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad