Confirmed with Link: Mike Richards 1 Year 1$M [mod note: posts 55 & 140]

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
...and poof should go anyone's notion that Laich can't be traded.

Also:

‏@DarrenDreger: Sources say pending NHL approval, Mike Richards is expected to join the Washington Capitals. Told Richards has to meet with Bettman.

EDIT: Link in post #8

Last edited by a moderator:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Mike Richards 1 Year 1$M

It's official.

Pro-rated $1M so they could bury him in the AHL if need be and only be on the hook for $50k.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@ikhurshudyan: Richards met with the NHL earlier today and has been given clearance to immediately resume his NHL career, per team.

MacLellan & Trotz met with him over a month ago.

Hammock!

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm pretty confident in BMac's ability to find a fit at this point, so I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Sep 19, 2008
Short term contract with minimal risk. Fills a centre need.

I retract my hesitation. Hope he does well here.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Obviously still a huge fan of Richards so I hope he has got his life together and can get back to contributing to a good hockey team, even if it's a rival.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Obviously still a huge fan of Richards so I hope he has got his life together and can get back to contributing to a good hockey team, even if it's a rival.

This. Still didnt forget his play on what turned out to be almost a cup run for Philly back in 2010. Was ridiculuously good.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Ahaha, good stuff.

Would like to see the spin regarding "Can't bring in players of questionable character that might displace good soldiers and thus ruin wonderful chemistry".

Strong organizations can absorb pretty much anybody.

The deal itself is great, looks like zero risk, let's see what the dude has left in the tank. Is that the issue, he just got slow?

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Interesting signing. Low risk so I'm okay with it.

Caps seem like they're on a mission and if Richards brings in outside distractions by wanting to party/etc that'll be knocked out really quickly.

For the first time in a long time - the "club Kettler" mentality seems overwith and Caps have the locker room and leadership to take on risks like these and handle them. Good stuff.

sqw3r

Dec 22, 2015
Saint P
There is no risk at all, not even minimal one. If he's bad or distruptive, he's gone (ahl/pressbox, doesn't matter). If he's any good - he adds the depth to our bottom-6 and closes holes in case of injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad