Value of: Mike Hoffman to the NYR

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Audacity is another subject for another day.
You continue to use words as you see fit in a misguided effort to make a point which remains erroneous.

You should open up your Webster and research the definition again.

Jesus, Bern.....

It’s not that big of a word.

That is worth more than a guy double that $, not doubling the output, with questionable health and high enough risk going forward, even if this guy was once a top elite.

Malkin has averaged 1.17p a game throughout his career. Kreider has averaged .56p a game. Malkin literally, more than doubles Kreiders output.

As to “The next Dave Keon”

However, it was not wrong to underscore how his elite speed would make him a force in this league. Just as was the case with Keon.

So everyone fast should be appropriately compared to Keon now. That’s the only think CK and DK have in common.

Thank God the win now crowd, of which you seem to be a part, who don't know how to BUILD, which is necessary to get team depth, are no longer in Slat's head.

I’m actually part of the “youth” crowd. I would move most of our vets and invest in the future. Look at my posts. I’ve said it numerous times.

Swing n a miss again, Bern

Reactions: Raymoondo

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
....It’s not that big of a word.
I stand by my comment

Malkin has averaged 1.17p a game throughout his career. Kreider has averaged .56p a game. Malkin literally, more than doubles Kreiders output.
You have to retroactively go backward to come up with that number. The salary number is applicable, because it is current going forward.
Malkin will not be doubling Kreider output going forward.
But it is established fact he will be paid double.

So everyone fast should be appropriately compared to Keon now. That’s the only think CK and DK have in common.
Again, trying to misrepresent things.
generic fast = generic fast
elite fast = elite fast
Kreider is and Keon was elite fast.
Does not apply to 'everyone'.

I’m actually part of the “youth” crowd. I would move most of our vets and invest in the future. Look at my posts. I’ve said it numerous times.
I have seen that from time to time which makes your insistence on smearing me, regardless of degree of substance [or lack thereof] confounding.
You should join me, RangerBoy, Savant and others in not just pushing for 'get younger, cheaper, faster', but to actually build.

Swing n a miss again, Bern
Nope.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Kreider is mid 20s goals.
If he adds just a couple each yr over balance of his deal, he is in the mid 30s.
And that is just one aspect.
Kreider has been unselfish and helps make Zib the monster he now is.

Is he going to be MULTIPLES better by end of career?
Jump from 25 to 50+? No
But he will continue to improve.
Barring injury, what I said stands.
Your letting your love of Kreider taint reality. Look i get it, i love his game too and that he's a home grown talent. However very few players continue to improve at his age and those that do are late bloomers which certainly doesn't apply to him. Could he have an outlier season or 2 of 30+ goals and 60+ points? Sure. Is he going to consistently add 3-5 goals and points each year? Highly doubtful. He is what he is Bern, a 1st line 25-25 winger with elite speed and size (although he hardly ever uses his size), there is nothing wrong with the player he is.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m not sure about this deal - not to talk M. Hoffman down and his skills, but hopefully we aim for a younger future prospect, a winger - and I cross fingers that we hit in that 2018 draft. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad