Value of: Mike Hoffman to the NYR

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
A swap for Kreider seems fair. Maybe play around picks to even it out.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I'm not sure the Rangers should be targeting Hoffman. I would think the guy the Rangers should want if he's available is Pageau. Doubt we could afford what the Sens want for him though.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm not sure the Rangers should be targeting Hoffman. I would think the guy the Rangers should want if he's available is Pageau. Doubt we could afford what the Sens want for him though.

McDonagh + Andersson
for
Chabot + Pageau

Sens get better LD to immediately complement Karl-meister.
If they turn it around --- and this improves their odds of doing that ---- great. If not, they have option to not only flip McD OR Karlsson, both to bundle the pair. McD is more expensive than elc Chabot, but is discounted for balance of his deal, and is cheap for what a 1LD would go for.

Andersson we don't know his upside vs Pageau, but as elc he is cheaper going forward.

Rangers get Pageau decent $ decent term for now, but more importantly, get elc rookie replacement for McD.

Very rare situation where various aspects [C for C, LD for LD, ele for elc, etc.] seem to balance out, so if both sides going for fair value, no need to add.

These are the guys to target, not Hoffman who Sens prefer to hold on to, I expect, but in any event would be too expensive.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You think Kreider is more valuable than Malkin.

Nuff said.

:huh:

healthier Kreider at half on decent term
should not be sacrificed TODAY for Malkin or equivalent
who is like double $, older, has been out/in/out past couple of years, and remains injury risk.

PREVIOUSLY this was not the case.
But today, those are the facts.

Would be foolish bad asset mgmt to move Kreider for instant gratification on hope that Malkin TODAY might be able to move you over the finish line,.

Older/more banged up does not apply to Hoffman, but his ability to dominate is limited to his shot. Worth the right overpay, if we have adequate currency, but not Kreider

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
who is like double $, older, has been out/in/out past couple of years, and remains injury risk.

Would be foolish bad asset mgmt to move Kreider for instant gratification on hope that Malkin TODAY might be able to move you over the finish line,.

Older/more banged up does not apply to Hoffman, but his ability to dominate is limited to his shot. Worth the right overpay, if we have adequate currency, but not Kreider

This is all biased nonsense to the 7th level squared X 787,612,903.

Reactions: PROMputt

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

Swapping kreider for Malkin instantly makes NYR a better team than they were before said trade, and there's no denying that

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
McDonagh + Andersson
for
Chabot + Pageau

Sens get better LD to immediately complement Karl-meister.
If they turn it around --- and this improves their odds of doing that ---- great. If not, they have option to not only flip McD OR Karlsson, both to bundle the pair. McD is more expensive than elc Chabot, but is discounted for balance of his deal, and is cheap for what a 1LD would go for.

Andersson we don't know his upside vs Pageau, but as elc he is cheaper going forward.

Rangers get Pageau decent $ decent term for now, but more importantly, get elc rookie replacement for McD.

Very rare situation where various aspects [C for C, LD for LD, ele for elc, etc.] seem to balance out, so if both sides going for fair value, no need to add.

These are the guys to target, not Hoffman who Sens prefer to hold on to, I expect, but in any event would be too expensive.
i want to rip my eyes out
terrible for NYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad