Mike Green potential

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Sharkjerry80, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Sharkjerry80

Sharkjerry80 Registered User

Do you think Mike Green could develop into a powerplay qb for the Washington Capitals?

How long will it takes him to develop into a 40-50 points defenseman?

Where will you rank him between Fedor Tyutin, Keith Ballard and Dennis Wideman?

Thx for the info

2. WheatiesHockey

WheatiesHockey Registered User

Mike Green is a very smart player in his own end of the ice and does his job pretty efficiently. Washington is hoping he is the next Brian Leetch on the power play and to some extent he may well be just that. Green has good vision and distributes the puck quickly and evenly, which is the essence of a good power play quarterback. Green is not shy when the opportunity is there to pinch or aggressively take a lane for a better shot on net.
    Green is not as big as some of his peers who went through the WHL in his era i.e Phaneuf and Seabrook, but he does play a great physical game. Green throws punishing hits that one would expect from a much bigger player.He doesn't look that physically menacing, but his hits are effective and deadly. Green is well suited for today's NHL with an invisible centre line. He is like 5'11" and a quick skater. Back in 1999, those types of D-men didn't make the NHL cut. Today teams can't find enough D men like that.
    Among recent WHL defense men grads he would be considered a notch below both Phaneuf and Seabrook, but he is still an excellent player. 40 points shouldn't be a problem.

3. Sharkjerry80

Sharkjerry80 Registered User

Thx for very nice report

Thx Weaties for your good report, when will he get the 40 points.

4. WheatiesHockey

WheatiesHockey Registered User

A lot will depend on how much ice time he gets during his formative career years. More than likely he should be producing at the 40 point clip in another 3 years.

#66 Registered User

Home Page:
    I really like his game. IMO he'll be always well respected but only his team and fans will know how valued he is. Kind of like Sylvan Cote.

6. Jason MacIsaac

Jason MacIsaac Registered User

NWO RCN
    I think Green is an amazing defensmen, one I wanted NJ to draft so very much. I see him playing a lot like Campbell for Buffalo but not near the development time it took for Campbell.

7. Vatican Roulette

Vatican Roulette Baile de Los Locos

Home Page:
    I think of a more physical Brian Rafalski when i see him play.

He might not be the best defenseman, but i really like his game, offensively.