Mike Green info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Round John

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Mike Green reply

I have a feeling if Green were another 2 or 3 inches taller prospect followers would be talking about him a little differently. Currently he is looked at as a solid pick probably first round somewhere in the teens.

If Green were even slightly taller than his 6'0"/6'1" he would be top ten possibly top five. He has speed, skill, and tenacity. He has shown the ability to play the physical game and to also take punishment.

From the games I have watched him he seems responsible in his end.

The comparisons I've heard between Scott Niedermayer or Dan Hamhuis I think are pretty accurate.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
So, is he kinda unknown here? I mean, everyone knows who he is, but no one really seem to be able to tell how his defensive game is, shot, skills, etc with details...

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I had a similar experience a month ago when I asked info on this guy. I report here the opinion that X-Sharkie sent to me via PM.

Mike Green is a rock stead defensman that well get alot of attention on draft day. He has it all, except size. Now 6-1 200 isn't small, it isnt big for defensive standards in the NHL. He can do it all though, he'll punish players with open ice hits, I love those, and he has some of the best body positioning i've seen of a player this age! I have yet to see him get beat on a 1-1. He has some offensive upside as well. He's very smart with and without the puck, and he has a lot of skill. Good on his skates and good hands with a creative head, Mike Green is one of those guys who has upside to QB a PP. He's the best defensman in the draft behind Barker and O'Neil. I'm one of his biggest supporters at McKeens.
Watch Sharks defensman Scott Hannan, and add a nasty edge to him, and you get Mike Green.

My opinion is that with 2 more inches he would be the best d-man of the draft. He's ranked over Thelen but will likely go around the 15th pick.

Jasper17

Apr 27, 2004
Mike Green?

What does everyone think of Mike Green. I have heard some good and bad reviews and I want to know what people on the board think.

Personally I think he could be a steal with a mid round pick.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Japser17 said:
What does everyone think of Mike Green. I have heard some good and bad reviews and I want to know what people on the board think.

Personally I think he could be a steal with a mid round pick.

Green will probably go mid 1st, hes got everything and kinda reminds a bit of Phaneuf. I think a lot of teams are going to regret passing him up. Thats just me. By the way theres a thread somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd page probably, someone was asking about him a couple weeks ago.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Alex Kovalev said:
Green will probably go mid 1st, hes got everything and kinda reminds a bit of Phaneuf. I think a lot of teams are going to regret passing him up. Thats just me. By the way theres a thread somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd page probably, someone was asking about him a couple weeks ago.

I think he's alot more Scott Neidermayer than Dion Phaneuf (He's got great speed). He did have a few real good hits during the Top Prospects game but he's not what really his game. He is a big game player though who will do whatever it takes to win (like handing out the punishment at the TPG).

He's also very underated offensively IMO. He might have led his team in just about every offensive category(except ESG) if he'd been healthy all year and almost did anyway (granted Sask. had a real hard luck year).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
JasonMacIsaac said:
There you go, someone merge this and inforce the rules a little more.

How's this now? Four of the most recent "Who is Mike Green" threads all together in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->