Mike Green = Dan Hamhuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

db23

Green has put up better numbers to this point than Hamhuis did in his first 200 WHL games. On a poorer team. He is the same size and plays a very similar style. Mike deserves to go in the top 15 picks.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
db23 said:
Green has put up better numbers to this point than Hamhuis did in his first 200 WHL games. On a poorer team. He is the same size and plays a very similar style. Mike deserves to go in the top 15 picks.

Shhh...please drop to the Rangers in the 20's ;)

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
db23 said:

LMAO :lol db23 is back with his flawless scouting method... Looking at numbers and comparing with other players. Are you new to hockey?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
ax²+bx+c said:
LMAO :lol db23 is back with his flawless scouting method... Looking at numbers and comparing with other players. Are you new to hockey?

Are you new to sarcasm?

Green and O'Neill are going to give some teams great value 10-20. I'd love for the Caps to trade up and get one.

hillbilly

Nov 12, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
db23 said:

the same Mike Green that playes on the Blades? get your #'s right if it is. Hamhuis averaged .63 PPG in the W, while Green has only averaged .53. In Hamhuis's last season in the W, he averaged over a point per game. Green has never come close. If you are going to go by the #'s atleast go by the right ones. Unless your talking about another Mike Green and I did this research for nothing

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
hillbilly said:
the same Mike Green that playes on the Blades? get your #'s right if it is. Hamhuis averaged .63 PPG in the W, while Green has only averaged .53. In Hamhuis's last season in the W, he averaged over a point per game. Green has never come close. If you are going to go by the #'s atleast go by the right ones. Unless your talking about another Mike Green and I did this research for nothing

Actually, in Hamhuis' draft year he didn't average a point per game, but he did average more than Green has.

The main point is that Green was basically the Blades top offensive player this season, which is no small consideration. The Blades were one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, and clearly Green would have had more points on a better team. Hamhuis finished 5th in team scoring in his draft year.

Of course Hamhuis was drafted 12th overall. And if Green goes somewhere around 15-20, it will hardly be a major shock. Personaly, I think Green is a safe pick and a sure-fire NHLer.

Darcy Wakaluk

Apr 30, 2004
Correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't Hamhuis' development skyrocket after he got drafted? It would have been hard to predict that he'd become the player he is today on draft day.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
EroCaps said:
Are you new to sarcasm?

Green and O'Neill are going to give some teams great value 10-20. I'd love for the Caps to trade up and get one.

???

He's merely laughing at the poster in question. Having never seen either, he bases everything on statistics. That's what he's mocking and I certainly think he has a valid point.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
SmokeyClause said:
???

He's merely laughing at the poster in question. Having never seen either, he bases everything on statistics. That's what he's mocking and I certainly think he has a valid point.

Albeit condescendingly.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Darcy Wakaluk said:
Correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't Hamhuis' development skyrocket after he got drafted? It would have been hard to predict that he'd become the player he is today on draft day.

Not really - he was a top prospect for that draft year, included in the top 10 for many mock drafts. He continued to improve as many expected. His emergence as a top 4 d-man in the NHL is not a major surprise.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
EroCaps said:
Are you new to sarcasm?

You're saying that because you don't know db23. To him, Korneev is a better prospect than Kastsitsyn...

db23

hillbilly said:

I was comparing them up to this point in Green's career. If you read the thread there, "billy", you will notice I said first 200 WHL games. Green has one more year of eligibility and if he has any sort of a team around him should average more than a point per game next season.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
player stats, same year in the WHL

Player A: 70 GP 50 G 60 A 110 PTS
Player B: 71 GP 37 G 57 A 94 PTS
Player C: 72 GP 33 G 38 A 71 PTS

Which player would you want?

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Zednik20 said:

it depend, i wanted Staal and Horton before Locke last year...it depend of the size, work ethic, team he played on, desire to play.....

hillbilly

Nov 12, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Actually, in Hamhuis' draft year he didn't average a point per game, but he did average more than Green has.

The main point is that Green was basically the Blades top offensive player this season, which is no small consideration. The Blades were one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, and clearly Green would have had more points on a better team. Hamhuis finished 5th in team scoring in his draft year.

Of course Hamhuis was drafted 12th overall. And if Green goes somewhere around 15-20, it will hardly be a major shock. Personaly, I think Green is a safe pick and a sure-fire NHLer.

I didn't say his draft year, I said his last year in the W, I think I did anyway

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
I was talking to Kyle Woodlief on the phone the other day, when I ordered the draft catalouge and he told me that Green compared to Craig Rivet. If you dont believe me call him yourself. Now, I think Hamhuis is a top notch defensemen and had a great rookie campaign. Green isnt even close to Hamhuis.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Cayouche5 said:
it depend, i wanted Staal and Horton before Locke last year...it depend of the size, work ethic, team he played on, desire to play.....

Exactly. Skating is huge also.

The year was 1994-95. Player A played for Tri-City. Players B and C played for Kamloops.

Player A = Terry Ryan
Player B = Shane Doan
Player C = Jarome Iginla

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Zednik20 said:

let me guess..
Player A = Terry Ryan
Player B = Shane Doan
Player C = Jarome Iginla
Draft 1995 !
??

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Zednik20 said:
Exactly. Skating is huge also.

The year was 1994-95. Player A played for Tri-City. Players B and C played for Kamloops.

Player A = Terry Ryan
Player B = Shane Doan
Player C = Jarome Iginla
:banghead: ...
:cry:
at least i had it :D

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Cayouche5 said:
Craig Rivet is not that bad, sure he's overpaid and not a top pairing defense but he get the job done.

I like Rivet a lot. You can think he's overpaid, but is that your money? Sure you pay for the ticket, but the ticket would be the same price with or without him. So I say, we're a way better team with Rivet.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
60 yard dash at 2004 Prospects Game - Mike Green - 3.023 seconds
60 yard dash at 2001 Prospects Game - Dan Hamhuis - 3.084 seconds

180 yard dash at 2004 Game - Green - 5.968 seconds
180 yard dash at 2001 Game - Hamhuis - 6.230 seconds

Hardest Shot Results at 2004 Game - Green - 87.9 mph/89.5 mph
Hardest Shot Results at 2001 Game - Hamhuis - 86.3 mph/83.2 mph

Age at Prospects Game:
Green - 18 years, 1 month, 11 days
Hamhuis - 18 years, 1 month, 25 days

Age at Draft:
Green - 18 years, 6 months, 16 days
Hamhuis - 18 years, 6 months, 10 days

The similarities are stretch all over between these two players.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Actually if Green was 2 inches taller & 20 pounds heavier, he'd be the 1st or 2nd D in this draft. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->