Mike Gauthier

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Does anyone even know who this guy is? IMO this is most underrated prospect at these boards all things considered. He's massive, mobile, and mean. I watched the Bruins/Raiders game in Chilliwack and he was on the ice for the final 5 minutes. He broke his leg in his draft year, which hurt his rankings - but he was rafted #3 in the bantam draft, so there was always some potential there. St.Luois has a sleeper on defence IMO.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Does anyone even know who this guy is? IMO this is most underrated prospect at these boards all things considered. He's massive, mobile, and mean. I watched the Bruins/Raiders game in Chilliwack and he was on the ice for the final 5 minutes. He broke his leg in his draft year, which hurt his rankings - but he was rafted #3 in the bantam draft, so there was always some potential there. St.Luois has a sleeper on defence IMO.

I remember his days of being a rookie in the WHL and he was projected as a high pick (much like Mike Card, if anybody remembers him). But then he just fell off the face of the earth. St. Louis could very well have gotten a sleeper if he's able to find the form that made him so highly regarded entering the WHL.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
he is a good fighter but is also a player. the thing is that he can skate very well for a big man (6'4") while he will never put up big #s(except pim). he is mean physical and can skate. in all reality he would top out as a #5 d-man who play the pk while never seeing the pp. shut down is a role he is good at. also he can agitate top players and get em off their game while being able to back up his mouth. the sad thing is with st louis in rebuild mode and a stockpile of d prospects he could get lost in the flow. i personally hope that should st. louis not sign him that vancouver signs or extends a camp invite to gauthier.
also i've watched him over the last 4 years playing for the raiders, and even though he was drafted ahead of mcardle, price, setoguchi and others im glad he's a raider

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Does anyone even know who this guy is? IMO this is most underrated prospect at these boards all things considered.
there is another raider and bc boy on the raider blueline who is underrated. Jeff May. him and gauthier (on of em is almost always on the ice) both logg close to 30 min a game and are absolute horses. imo jeff may is the most underrated defenseman in the whl

On Axis

Mad Vlad
Mar 27, 2006
Hopefully he does get a shot with the Blues. Jarmo has been making some great picks since he took over the scouting department for the Blues. He's eligible to play in the AHL next year, correct?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
there is another raider and bc boy on the raider blueline who is underrated. Jeff May. him and gauthier (on of em is almost always on the ice) both logg close to 30 min a game and are absolute horses. imo jeff may is the most underrated defenseman in the whl

Yup - I have May as another late round gem, Detroit with a nice pick there. I dont May has quite the pro upside as his teammate, but he does have a lot of offensive ability's and would have been just under a point per game as a defenceman this season if he was on more of a talented team.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Yup - I have May as another late round gem, Detroit with a nice pick there. I dont May has quite the pro upside as his teammate, but he does have a lot of offensive ability's and would have been just under a point per game as a defenceman this season if he was on more of a talented team.
after watching the 2 play over the last few years id say may has every bit of upside and more. he hasnt lost a fight (only fights when he needs to but doesnt shy away) has the mental part of the game down better and is a better puck mover. i hope to see one of the boys in the canuck system someday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad