Injury Report: Mikael Granlund (Oct. 10th: expected to miss at least next 4 games)

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
So are they gonna call up a forward now? Or is Zach just gonna take his spot and roll with 7 D. As much as i want Gus getting 4 minutes a night I don't actually want that at all.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Can they call up a forward without going over the cap? I don't think so.

They might end up using Reilly as a forward again.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Mild groin injury takes couple weeks to heal so 4+ games sound about right.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Plus we only play four games in the next two calendar weeks...which is good for injuries. not fun for being a fan.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Can they call up a forward without going over the cap? I don't think so.

They might end up using Reilly as a forward again.

They might be able to bring someone up. I'm not sure on the daily cap space right now. Kunin would cost ~$5.5k a day, and a league min contract would be ~$3.5k a day. I'm a little surprised that JEE and Reilly didn't get sent to Iowa for a couple of days just to make sure there was cap room if needed. Only a little surprised because of how much work the team needs to do to improve.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Plus we only play four games in the next two calendar weeks...which is good for injuries. not fun for being a fan.
I don't think it's good for players either. You want those bugs worked out and chemistry issues resolved a.s.a.p.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, you don't really want to blame the schedule especially when you're considering yourself a contending team but at Detroit for their arena opener, at Carolina for their home opener, four days off then at Chicago and finally home opener against a tough CBJ team. Then after your one home game you get FIVE days off then you have to play back to back in Calgary and Winnipeg. Not easy to get something going there.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I thought I saw Russo saying ankle injury for Granlund? Might have been re-injured from his previous ankle injury this summer?

Edit: Crap, maybe I'm thinking of Dumba...

Ah well, so much for hitting 70 points.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->