Player Discussion Mikael Granlund IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The goals are great to see, but 12 shots in the last 2 games is almost equally as exciting. He is and will probably always be a great playmaker, but if he can keep using his shot like that he's going to be all the more dangerous.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Still love the Finnish Baby Jesus.
1zehabq.jpg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is shooting, and looking to shoot, more often. Remember when this team used to pass the puck forever, and never shoot? I credit Staal with coming in and bringing a " f*** ya, I'm humming it!" attitude.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anda hat trick tonight. Could've been 4, but hit a post. Exciting to see him shoot more, and overall just play a better game. Some guys hit the league running, other guys take years.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He hasn't been terrible or anything, but tonight was the first night in a while where he looked dangerous all night long. It was also the 1st game in about a month that I Zucker didn't look like he was lost. If that line could get going?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Love his commitment to shooting this year. Scoring is infectious.

I'm giving Staal the assist on his new found attitude. He'll always be a pass first guy, but he has to take the open shot when he has it. Had a great saucer last night to Zucker? Coyle? putting them in alone, but they fumbled the pass. It was a high speed, difficult situation, though.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Love his commitment to shooting this year. Scoring is infectious.

I'm giving Staal the assist on his new found attitude. He'll always be a pass first guy, but he has to take the open shot when he has it. Had a great saucer last night to Zucker? Coyle? putting them in alone, but they fumbled the pass. It was a high speed, difficult situation, though.

Zucker.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
He looks very much like the Granlund from the Olympics when he played with Teemu. Consistently dangerous, multi-dimensional forward. A bright spot for sure.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
A little surprised they didn't pick Granlund as the Wild's representative for the All-Star Game. Staal is the obvious choice, given his resurgence, the fact that he plays center as his regular position, and has the name recognition (which I think is the main reason he's going, not Granny), but Granlund definitely deserves to be there, as well. Looking over the Team Central roster, it appears this is the first time they've actually paid attention to the current season, rather than just looking at who was good the season before. As that is the case, it's hard to put Granlund above anyone on that team.

I have absolutely been happy with his play this season. He's really gone a long way toward proving that last season was not an anomaly, but instead just him reaching his offensive potential. He's come a long way from being that kid who couldn't stay on his feet or hold onto his stick.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
A little surprised they didn't pick Granlund as the Wild's representative for the All-Star Game. Staal is the obvious choice, given his resurgence, the fact that he plays center as his regular position, and has the name recognition (which I think is the main reason he's going, not Granny), but Granlund definitely deserves to be there, as well. Looking over the Team Central roster, it appears this is the first time they've actually paid attention to the current season, rather than just looking at who was good the season before. As that is the case, it's hard to put Granlund above anyone on that team.

I have absolutely been happy with his play this season. He's really gone a long way toward proving that last season was not an anomaly, but instead just him reaching his offensive potential. He's come a long way from being that kid who couldn't stay on his feet or hold onto his stick.
I believe that the biggest reason for Granny not being selected was that he was injured at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->