Player Discussion Mikael Granlund IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildfish

Jul 13, 2011
Siberia, ND
Hoping for a 5.5x5 deal for Granlund.

Realistically I think he's getting 6M AAV.

Any other predictions?

That's about where I am, too. $5.75 per for 5 years is what I want to see. I'd prefer term be 4 years...

I look at big, stud Centers like Monahan and Scheiffle and think what a handicap for the Wild if they have to pay Granlund that kind of money. But $6 or 6.25 mil per isn't impossible at all...

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
I agree. Torterella hating him meant nothing in my book. In fact, Johansen's response to the hate actually made him look better IMO. As a young kid, he didn't freak out and start making excuses and copping a bad attitude, whining to the press about how unfair it was....

Obviously Brodin wasn't enough. At the time, I said throw Granlund into the mix, too.

I actually watched his games very closely back then because of all the trade talk. Johansen's response to "the hate" was completely mailing it in on the ice. I mean it was painful to watch. I take any freaking out, whining to the press, making excuses **** etc. before that laughable performance on the ice.

He was deliberately bad at his profession. There's no excuse for that in my book.

64 million dollars? I feel the hockey gods and karma accountants were asleep on this one. Yuck.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If we get him for 5+ and under $6mil I'll be ecstatic.

Even if he sees nearly a 15% reduction in his production from last year, he's still a 60 point player.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Granlund getting some love. (The start of the vid)

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Meh, it's a turned ankle, plenty of time for him to get healthy...2 weeks is still before training camp.

Pretty much how I see it. If it happened during the season he would probably miss only a couple of games and be back playing within a week. *If it truly is only a rolled ankle and not something worse, injury reports are usually vague.

Better to take all the precautions since it's the offseason.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
But the ankle injury will affect his prep for the season.

Two weeks training time before camp ever starts... impact is minimal.

How do you think Koivu's injury recovery in the offseason last year affected his season prep? Turned out to be a pretty good season...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Granlund is supposed to return to practice tomorrow, travel with the team in the afternoon, not play Friday, but could play Saturday according to Russo.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Granny is going places this season. The injury is now behind now hopefully he inflate Wild's offensive numbers soon.

Firestorm

Mar 2, 2011
Canada Eh?
If I could ask a fantasy hockey question; would you rather have Wayne Simmonds, Mikael Granlund or Cam Atkinson in a points-only league?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If I could ask a fantasy hockey question; would you rather have Wayne Simmonds, Mikael Granlund or Cam Atkinson in a points-only league?

Points only I'd go with Atkinson. Standard format I'd take Simmonds. Granny would be my last choice for both. I say that that because I trust goal scorers more than playmakers (unless they are paired with elite talent) for points.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I was rewatching highlights from nhl tonight against New Jersey. Some of the passes this guy makes are just so good. It didn’t result in a goal but he made a between the legs pass to Nino that was awesome.

Reactions: Legend Leinonen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad