Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Okay sorry, didnt mean to interrupt.......just want to say that I am absolutely thrilled to have this kid on our team. So talented, and will probably get even better as hopefully he'll get smarter. A masterful trade indeed. What the hell was Ottawa thinking?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Okay sorry, didnt mean to interrupt.......just want to say that I am absolutely thrilled to have this kid on our team. So talented, and will probably get even better as hopefully he'll get smarter. A masterful trade indeed. What the hell was Ottawa thinking?

Ottawa thinks they're contenders.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Ottawa thinks they're contenders.

And they thought Brassard was going to bring them over the hump? I mean, Brassgod was awesome for us and a great PO performer.......but he's no Crosby.

They certainly must have felt because of his PO expertise and that he's a "vet", they needed that as they're younger as a group. Still hope he does well, but he did publicly state he was disappointed in not getting that Cup when it was there for the taking and misses NY a whole lot, I'm sure..

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And they thought Brassard was going to bring them over the hump? I mean, Brassgod was awesome for us and a great PO performer.......but he's no Crosby.

They certainly must have felt because of his PO expertise and that he's a "vet", they needed that as they're younger as a group. Still hope he does well, but he did publicly state he was disappointed in not getting that Cup when it was there for the taking and misses NY a whole lot, I'm sure..

The thing is that Ottawa had a desperate need for a center who is more of a playmaker and passer. They have so many players who shoot first. After the Rangers paid his annual 1m signing bonus, they made the trade straight up, with the 2nd rounder basically being payment for the money they saved

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
A few things:

1. No one sets board policy other than moderators and administrators. Playing the parent in posts is not well received.

2. We really want to keep this discussion open as it is directly related to hockey and to a member of the Rangers. Instead of closing the thread, we will remove anyone who engages in any discussion that is offensive, off topic, or both.

3. Please report any post that you believe does not belong here by clicking on the red and white triangle below a person's user name. (
report.gif
) Reporting is a much more effective method of dealing with a post than responding to it. Responding to problem posts only leads to more that moderators have to clean up and could result in action against you for retaliating.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know Mika is a RFA at the end of this season but was curious to know if he has arbitration rights?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Ok thanks. Don't see him hitting arbitration though. Him missing time likely took off a few dollars. do you think that will have any bearing since he did not play a full season?

I don't really think so. I don't think him being out has impacted his play and the injury was a freak injury, not something that would worry a team going forward.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't really think so. I don't think him being out has impacted his play and the injury was a freak injury, not something that would worry a team going forward.

Yeah you are probably right, and he has seemed to be more than fine since his return. Had those two goals in his first game back, sadly they lost that game lol.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think, given his production and what he brings overall, we will give him money similar to Kreider, just shy of 5m

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think, given his production and what he brings overall, we will give him money similar to Kreider, just shy of 5m

I think you're looking at 5 million or maybe north of it on a deal similar to what Brassard got. Both are centers, both were 2 years away from UFA with arbitration rights, believe the cap is higher now than when Brassard signed his contract, and Mika's last seasons totals were higher in both goals and points than any of Brassard's best individual seasons prior to the extension. I would be shocked if they gave him the term Brassard got and it came in at anything less than $5 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad