Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
IMO Zibanejad right now is the best center we've had since Nylander. What can't Mika do? You know?

Wins faceoffs
Possession beast
Big shot
Great passing
Clutch
Used in all situations
Size
The tools are obviously there. The question is whether he can be consistent over an entire season.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The tools are obviously there. The question is whether he can be consistent over an entire season.
Hot/cold streaks will happen but I can't remember the last time he took the night off. I feel pretty comfortable saying he's not that same player in Ottawa who would look amazing for a week then disappear the next. I believe he leads the team in points through the calendar year.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I think this says it all.

With/without Zibs on the ice

zibanmi93

Reactions: TUQ

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
We have a 1C, I'm pretty sure. But we don't have a 2C. So when 1C goes down...

In that scenario I prefer to have 2x 2C. But I'm hoping we pick up a 2C somewhere, somehow. Or grow one from within, quickly. We have enough 3 and 4 Cs.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I hope Zibs injury isn’t too bad. He was supposed to be at the toy’s for tots event today and he isn’t.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Let me tell you one other thing that has disappeared. Zibs is a pretty big guy. He played with some physicality in Ottawa. Where did that go? He is playing much softer in NY than he played in Ottawa.
i think AV penalizes guys fir playing physically. I've seen him criticized for this elsewhere, even by a former player of his if im remembering right. We've seen it in the performances of nearly every player here too.

Bc AV is a goddamn moron

Reactions: Inferno

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
i think AV penalizes guys fir playing physically. I've seen him criticized for this elsewhere, even by a former player of his if im remembering right. We've seen it in the performances of nearly every player here too.

Bc AV is a goddamn moron
I'm confused I thought it was the opposite since he played guys like Glass??? I've never heard of coach telling a player not to play physical (of course not in a way that will hurt himself or someone else on the ice). Until the day AV is gone he will get blamed for every single thing that goes wrong with this team.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I'm confused I thought it was the opposite since he played guys like Glass??? I've never heard of coach telling a player not to play physical (of course not in a way that will hurt himself or someone else on the ice). Until the day AV is gone he will get blamed for every single thing that goes wrong with this team.

I was super confused by that thought as well - but eventually you just come to grips that some people are full of shit.

Anyway, the Zibanejad trade seems to have been a boon for the Rangers, but he came here with a concussion history at 24 years of age, and now hes had another one. Fingers firmly crossed this doesn't became an even bigger issue moving forward.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Unfortunately, when all is said and done its gonna be probably a month if not more that he misses.
I'm hoping its just a case of the Rangers being super cautious with him.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Unfortunately, when all is said and done its gonna be probably a month if not more that he misses.
I'm hoping its just a case of the Rangers being super cautious with him.

He'll probably be playing Tuesday. They already had said he's practicing with the team Monday.

Reactions: bl02

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll probably be playing Tuesday. They already had said he's practicing with the team Monday.

Hopefully he is back by then. I believe the team is 3-2-1 without him, which is not too bad but think they could have had an even better record with him in the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad