Mighty Ducks Season Sales Hit Five-Year High

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
http://www.mightyducks.com/press/release/article.php?dir=200509&id=1059

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim announced today that the club has sold over 2,500 new season tickets since June, 2005, surpassing the 9,000 season ticket plateau for the first time since 2000-2001.

In addition to the rise in season ticket sales, the Ducks have sold out all 84 suites for the season. A waiting list is now in place for the 2006-2007 NHL season.

...The Mighty Ducks and Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim have recently signed deals with several corporate sponsors (renewals and new partners), including: The Automobile Club, Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water, Adelphia, Citizens Business Bank, Miller Brewing Company, The Orange County Register, Toyota, Rubio’s and Yamaha.

“Having team and building operations under one roof has given us a great opportunity to combine our resources and expand upon our business relationships,†said Mighty Ducks & AAM Chief Marketing Officer Bob Wagner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good news for a franchise that a lot of hockey fans wanted to move out of Anaheim. The new owners and management have been great for Anaheim hockey so far.

Emule Richard

Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I chalk it up to the Brian Burke factor. It is my belief that he has been brought on to increase the value of the franchise and prepare it for sale - and this is how you do it.

Richard

infected13

Aug 3, 2005
Yes, buy a money sinkhole, in a losing market, in the area with one of the worse market shares, so you can sell it... right... The amount of money you would have to invest in a Franchise to do that wouldnt amount to the amount of money you would get back from the sale. Its absurd. You realize the owners of the ducks own the pond too right? why would they sell it their primary ticket sellers? Bottom line, they bought the team for self preservation of the Pond. They want to attract sports attention in the area and get an NBA team. They have addmited to wanting to buy an NBA team also.

SedinFan*

This is what Burke does. He'll eventually get 15,000 consistantly in Anaheim.

canucks666

Mar 13, 2004
Vancouver
Zack Attack said:
This is what Burke does. He'll eventually get 15,000 consistantly in Anaheim.

Let's not get carried away. This is what Burke did once. Let's not appoint him the NHL's designated "saviour of franchises" just yet.

Deleted member 3032

Scott Neidermayer I'm sure plays a nice hand in all of this. He's the first player they've had that was any kind of real threat for a major award since Kariya and Selanne were there in the late 90s.

hattrick74

Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
i bet you they went up 2500 seats because of the buy 2 get 2 free deal for upper level sections. put it this way, if you sell 1000 seats of that, you really sell 2000

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It's all because of Kip Brennan. IIRC, the day they traded for him, they ended up selling 200 more season tickets. That might've had to do with Teemu Selanne signing the day before, but I doubt it. ;)

This is great for this franchise. People wanted them to move away because they thought it was a terrible market, but now they are definetely selling some tickets. New ownership, Brian Burke, Scott Niedermayer, and Teemu Selanne all were major factors in this. Hopefully a winning team can bring in even more fans out to the games.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
hattrick74 said:
i bet you they went up 2500 seats because of the buy 2 get 2 free deal for upper level sections. put it this way, if you sell 1000 seats of that, you really sell 2000

You sure those weren't for single game tickets? If not, damn, that's a good deal if you got four buddies wanting to pitch in for season tix. I doubt tons of people went just for that, though.

rwilson99

McDonald19 said:
In addition to the rise in season ticket sales, the Ducks have sold out all 84 suites for the season. A waiting list is now in place for the 2006-2007 NHL season.

...The Mighty Ducks and Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim have recently signed deals with several corporate sponsors (renewals and new partners), including: The Automobile Club, Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water, Adelphia, Citizens Business Bank, Miller Brewing Company, The Orange County Register, Toyota, Rubio’s and Yamaha. .

More good news for hockey fans.... especially for teams that need to resign stars next year.

Randall Graves*

I think the fact that there are local owners, pretty good deals, and a player that the average area sports fan knows(selanne) probably led to the increase.

hattrick74

Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
You sure those weren't for single game tickets? If not, damn, that's a good deal if you got four buddies wanting to pitch in for season tix. I doubt tons of people went just for that, though.

yeah they were season tickets. they are a great deal in that i would not have paid $1000 per ticket, but when you only pay $500, you can easily round up 2 more people to go each game.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Where's Wetcoaster? "Burke did nothing, it's all because of the other people in the organisation, they would have sold more tickets without Burke" etc etc.

CupDrought67

Aug 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Let's see... hmmm.... why would people be interested??? Neidermayer was probably the most coveted defense man out there (check)... One of the all time favourites, teemu selanne, in anaheim is back(check)... Good prospects (corey perry/ryan getzlaf.. check)... A good team being iced with a new GM and new owners(check).... Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad