Mighty Ducks no more at 2 pm et

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Ding dong, the Mighty Ducks are dead?

Seriously, shortening the name....good call.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Now we wont have to worry about having the words "Mighty Ducks" on the cup. :handclap:

I assume they dropped the 3rd?

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
DaveyG013 said:
Because of the "duckfoot D" it really isn't all that different than the Islanders, Rangers, Stars, Lightning, Maple Leafs, an Blue Jackets who all have their enitre names along with some accompanying graphic to portray the team. This one jsut happens to be tied into the logo. The Islanders and Rangers logos actually have less ties to the team name than the new Ducks logo. I'm not saying I like it a ton, and I'm a Ducks fan, I'm just saying it's not just the word "Ducks".

Except for the fact that the "duckfoot D" is part of the name, while the other teams (for the most part) have their names as a part of the logo. It just doesn't seem like that should be a regular jersey, a third jersey perhaps, but saying a word across the chest and "jazzing" up the D is hardly what I'd call an even decent logo. Basically, I could've easily thought of and created that in computer art class.

Verbeek

Human see, human do.
Jul 19, 2005
Pittsburgh
Even thought im not that partial to the the script logo.. its way better than the old logo, and those jerseys with everything else (pants with a stripe down the side, YES!) are pretty *** slick.

Real nice.

Tokyo Bucks

Jul 27, 2005
tokyo
Yeah, logo's uninspiring piece of graphic art, but the jersey colour scheme's unique and they look kinda sharp. Good addition to the league.

The orange third jerseys, and you know they're coming sooner or later, should be cool. Could they even get away with gold alternate jerseys? :P

Last edited:

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I think they should have just used a more attractive purple and green color scheme, atleast those colors were original and have potential to be used very nicely. Not just another white and black team...

Logo is pretty uninspiring as well.

Too bad, Burke was doing such a great job too.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
I keep thinking they will eventually "fade" the black into a dark, dark hunter green - matching an the color on an actual mallard's head. THAT would be colors for a team called the 'Ducks'.

capn89*

The jerseys suck and look like the Penguins. So anyone who thinks the color scheme is unique is a flat out moron. The script is OK, but still stupid looking, especially on a jersey... now just think of the little team logos on game broadcasts where they have a weird cutout of team logos but you can still tell what it is, for the ducks all you see is "uck" on the screen and you'll wonder *** is is going on. Script jerseys suck. Yes, sorry Ranger fans, even your precious jerseys are pieces of crap. Love them all you want because they're 8,000 years old and you have psychological disorders that doesn't allow you to live in any time but the day and age when guys couldn't forward pass, goalies didn't wear masks and the game was a step away from "brawls on ice." (you are the same people who think it's wrong to have a little game called hockey in places it doesn't snow) And yes, it is a "little" game. I love the game, and I know everyone else here does, but part of the reason (and I said part) that the game is considered so pathetic (in comparison to other sports such as football, baseball, basketball, soccer, billiards, senior bingo, etc) is because of people with the mindset that think they league would actually be anything with 6 teams.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Spydey629 said:
I keep thinking they will eventually "fade" the black into a dark, dark hunter green - matching an the color on an actual mallard's head. THAT would be colors for a team called the 'Ducks'.
I could see the dark hunter green also. What about the jersey they were wearing during the playoffs? The one that had "Anahiem' across the front. I thought that they were of a more traditional style and weren't too bad. As to the new logo, it is ok and another team in black is a little typical, but the concept is preetty good.

To Capn89 - opinion noted.

Last edited:

The HW

Jan 27, 2005
I don't like it. I'm fine with the name change, but the logo (such as it is) and jersey colours are boring and uninspired.

They look like the "other team" in an '80s hockey movie.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
capn89 said:
The jerseys suck and look like the Penguins. So anyone who thinks the color scheme is unique is a flat out moron. The script is OK, but still stupid looking, especially on a jersey... now just think of the little team logos on game broadcasts where they have a weird cutout of team logos but you can still tell what it is, for the ducks all you see is "uck" on the screen and you'll wonder *** is is going on. Script jerseys suck. Yes, sorry Ranger fans, even your precious jerseys are pieces of crap. Love them all you want because they're 8,000 years old and you have psychological disorders that doesn't allow you to live in any time but the day and age when guys couldn't forward pass, goalies didn't wear masks and the game was a step away from "brawls on ice." (you are the same people who think it's wrong to have a little game called hockey in places it doesn't snow) And yes, it is a "little" game. I love the game, and I know everyone else here does, but part of the reason (and I said part) that the game is considered so pathetic (in comparison to other sports such as football, baseball, basketball, soccer, billiards, senior bingo, etc) is because of people with the mindset that think they league would actually be anything with 6 teams.

Hehe.... :sarcasm:

I, too, enjoy the drink...but, I save my vodka for 11 am and after, except for in special circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad