Mighty Ducks no more at 2 pm et

Alain Racette

Jun 18, 2005
Are they calling a press conference? I would REALLY like to see the new jerseys too (live, of course)!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Thats the only team logo in the NHL that I can think of that doesn't actually have a logo...It just says Ducks.

Davey Duck

Mar 26, 2006
*Stolen from Detroit
waffledave said:
Thats the only team logo in the NHL that I can think of that doesn't actually have a logo...It just says Ducks.

Because of the "duckfoot D" it really isn't all that different than the Islanders, Rangers, Stars, Lightning, Maple Leafs, an Blue Jackets who all have their enitre names along with some accompanying graphic to portray the team. This one jsut happens to be tied into the logo. The Islanders and Rangers logos actually have less ties to the team name than the new Ducks logo. I'm not saying I like it a ton, and I'm a Ducks fan, I'm just saying it's not just the word "Ducks".

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Kind of disappointed they didn't go further with the name change. Don't care about the name, just that they could have used it as a marketing thing, create excitement.

Either way...the logo and the colours are fine.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I actually like the new logo and uniform. Maybe they can get Cheney to drop the first puck next season. (Was he duck hunting or quail hunting when he shot his "friend"?)

;)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
George Bachul said:
Kind of disappointed they didn't go further with the name change. Don't care about the name, just that they could have used it as a marketing thing, create excitement.

Either way...the logo and the colours are fine.

Henry Samuelli didn't want it like that. He wasn't going to change the name to whatever he wanted and create a big marketing deal. He asked the fans, and they wanted Ducks, so that's what they got.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
COUNTDOWN TO NAME CHANGE:

0 DAY: 0 HOURS: 0 MINUTES

It's not 2pm yet :p:

The new website has orange, but the jerseys seem to have like a bronze color instead of orange

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Their defining logo will likely be that "D" in the shape of a Ducks foot.

But as the jerseys show, they will have Ducks across the chest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad