Crosby-Bergeron-Ovechkin

Phaneuf-Weber

Schwarz

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
pittengineer said:
Up to now, who would you put on the All-WJC team for this year.

12 Forwards
6 D-men
1 Goalie

In no particular order

F Alexander Ovechkin RUSSIA
F Patrice Bergeron CANADA
F Sidney Crosby CANADA
F Evgeni Malkin CANADA
F Rotislav Olesz CZECH REPUBLIC
F Andrei Kostitsyn BELARUS
F Petr Vrana CZECH REPUBLIC
F Stefan Ruzicka SLOVAKIA
F Jeff Carter CANADA
F Sergei Shirokov RUSSIA
F Victor Stancescu SWITZERLAND
F Johannes Salmonsson SWEDEN

D Dion Phaneuf CANADA
D Andrej Meszaros SLOVAKIA
D Ryan Suter USA
D Lukas Bolf CZECH REPUBLIC
D Brent Seabrook CANADA
D Shea Weber CANADA

G Anton Khudobin RUSSIA

HockyStr99

Jun 17, 2004
Have only Seen US

LW C RW
F - Ovechkin (Rus) Bergeron (Can) Crosby (Can)
F - Shirokov (Rus) Olesz (Cze) Kostsitsyn (Bel)
F - Ladd (Can) Malkin (Rus) Ruzicka (Svk)
F - Dawes (Can) Getzlaf (Can) Kessel (USA)

D - Phaneuf (Can) Meszaros (Cze)
D - Bolf (Cze) Seabrook (Can)
D - Suter (USA) Weber (Can)

G - Glass (Can)

Canada - 9
Russia - 3
Czech Republic - 3
USA - 2
Belarus - 1
Slovakia -1

Pool A - 9
Pool B - 10

Last edited:

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
markov` said:
In no particular order

F Alexander Ovechkin RUSSIA
F Patrice Bergeron CANADA
F Sidney Crosby CANADA
F Evgeni Malkin CANADA
F Rotislav Olesz CZECH REPUBLIC
F Andrei Kostitsyn BELARUS
F Petr Vrana CZECH REPUBLIC
F Stefan Ruzicka SLOVAKIA
F Jeff Carter CANADA
F Sergei Shirokov RUSSIA
F Victor Stancescu SWITZERLAND
F Johannes Salmonsson SWEDEN

D Dion Phaneuf CANADA
D Andrej Meszaros SLOVAKIA
D Ryan Suter USA
D Lukas Bolf CZECH REPUBLIC
D Brent Seabrook CANADA
D Shea Weber CANADA

G Anton Khudobin RUSSIA

Choices are a good starting point but maybe Getzlaf should be there (top 5 in points and leads tourney in +/- at +11), Ryan Suter hasn't been 1 of the top 5 D-men and a goalie with a 2-1 record, 2.33 GAA and .907 SVP isn't starting for my all-star team either. Problem is that none of the tenders have really stood out from the pack.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
ryz said:
Choices are a good starting point but maybe Getzlaf should be there (top 5 in points and leads tourney in +/- at +11), Ryan Suter hasn't been 1 of the top 5 D-men and a goalie with a 2-1 record, 2.33 GAA and .907 SVP isn't starting for my all-star team either.

Which dman do you take over Suter, which forward do you left off for Getzlaf, and which goalie do you take over Khudobin?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
ryz said:
Choices are a good starting point but maybe Getzlaf should be there (top 5 in points and leads tourney in +/- at +11), Ryan Suter hasn't been 1 of the top 5 D-men and a goalie with a 2-1 record, 2.33 GAA and .907 SVP isn't starting for my all-star team either.

Are you kidding? Suter had a bad pass against Belarus, and all of a sudden he's fallen from everyone's grace. His plus minus is misleading because he's played with brian lee and Jeff Likens, and BOTH have missed their men leading to goals...while Suter had his well covered. Suter and Borer have been the only two d-men for the US that have kept some games from getting even uglier than they already were. Phaneuf has made his mistakes as well, particularly in the first game.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Patrice Bergeron - Canada
Jeff Carter - Canada
Sideny Crosby - Canada
Andrei Kostitsyn - Belarus
Evgeni Malkin - Russia
Rostislav Olesz - Czech Republic
Alexander Ovechkin - Russia
Stefan Ruzika - Slovakia
Johannes Salomonnsson - Sweden
Sergei Shirokov - Russia
Drew Stafford - USA
Victor Stancescu - Switzerland
Petr Vrana - Czech Republic

Phillipe Furrer - Swtizerland
Niklas Grossman - Sweden
Andrej Meszaros - Slovakia
Dion Phaneuf - Canada
Ryan Suter - USA
Pavel Vorobiev - Russia
Shea Weber - Canada

Tukka Rask - Finland
Chrisopher Heino-Lindberg - Sweden

Macman

May 15, 2004
markov` said:
Which dman do you take over Suter, which forward do you left off for Getzlaf, and which goalie do you take over Khudobin?

Suter should definitely not be there. Everyone knows he's a great prospect, but he's a minus in this tournament and doesn't deserve to be in the top pairing, so far at least.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Macman said:
Suter should definitely not be there. Everyone knows he's a great prospect, but he's a minus in this tournament and doesn't deserve to be in the top pairing, so far at least.

He's minus because he's played with Jeff "I make Andy Delmore look like a defensive stalwart" Likens and Brian "ohmygodohmygodohmygod" Lee. Suter hasn't been a problem, and NO ONE on the team has outplayed him. It's simply been a case of, "well, he can't do it all by himself."

Crossroads*

nomorekids said:
He's minus because he's played with Jeff "I make Andy Delmore look like a defensive stalwart" Likens and Brian "ohmygodohmygodohmygod" Lee. Suter hasn't been a problem, and NO ONE on the team has outplayed him. It's simply been a case of, "well, he can't do it all by himself."

Do you know how much pressure that is for a HIGH SCHOOL kid to go into the WJC and is expected to perform at a high level? All the players he plays against wouldn't even make a junior B team here in Ontario (Canada). The U.S. coaching staff totally screwed up with taking Lee over Johnson.

Macman

May 15, 2004
nomorekids said:

Keep in mind I'm only talking about the top 2 defencemen. The tournament only places six players on its all star team, so that's all I'm looking at. I'm not suggesting Suter has been bad. The fact is Weber has been pretty spectacular and the way Canada has played defensively, they deserve both D spots for now.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
CloudNine said:
Do you know how much pressure that is for a HIGH SCHOOL kid to go into the WJC and is expected to perform at a high level? All the players he plays against wouldn't even make a junior B team here in Ontario (Canada). The U.S. coaching staff totally screwed up with taking Lee over Johnson.

I realize that...and I think that in the future...Lee will be a player for the American team...but taking him this year was a mistake, and having to babysit him has hurt Suter. It's nothing against Lee personally...and I understand that Suter and Borer have to be spread out(and to a lesser degree the hot\cold Nate Hagemo) but Suter has been the best defenseman on every team he's played on in the past couple of years...UW...Milwaukee...USA...and I think it seems like more than a coincidence that when he's placed in with a pretty rag-tag group, his play appears to suffer. I've had him under the magnifying class in every game, and I've only seem him make two plays that displeased me. On the whole, he's been rock solid...but I think he's understandably overwhelmed. I will say also that I'd rather see him paired with Lee than Likens. At least Lee plays the body.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
La-La-Laprise said:
Patrice Bergeron - Canada
Jeff Carter - Canada
Sideny Crosby - Canada
Andrei Kostitsyn - Belarus
Evgeni Malkin - Russia
Rostislav Olesz - Czech Republic
Alexander Ovechkin - Russia
Stefan Ruzika - Slovakia
Johannes Salomonnsson - Sweden
Sergei Shirokov - Russia
Drew Stafford - USA
Victor Stancescu - Switzerland
Petr Vrana - Czech Republic

Phillipe Furrer - Swtizerland
Niklas Grossman - Sweden
Andrej Meszaros - Slovakia
Dion Phaneuf - Canada
Ryan Suter - USA
Pavel Vorobiev - Russia
Shea Weber - Canada

Tukka Rask - Finland
Chrisopher Heino-Lindberg - Sweden
I believe you mean Dmitry Vorobiev not Pavel Vorobiev - Russia......

Personally Chrisopher Heino-Lindberg - Sweden as an All-Star is pretty hard to understand, considering he has been chased from the nets in the Canada (5 goals against) & Finland (4 goals against ) games.... and DAVID RAUTIO got the shutout in the 3 -0 win over the Slavakia that got the Swedes into the medal round .... Combined with the fact that his + 4.00 GGA is the worst of all advancing teams to the next round .. ..

Last edited:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Has Crosby really been that great to warrant a selection to the team?

Bergeron
Ovechkin
Olesz

Meszaros
Bolf
Phaneuf
Furrer
(In no order, couldn't decide)

G- The Czech backup :yo:
j/k

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Bergeron
Crosby
Carter
Fritsche
Stafford
Ruzicka
Vrana
Olesz
Malkin
Ovechkin
Shirokov
Salmonsson

Phaneuf
Weber
Seabrook
Meszaros
Vorobiev
Bolf

Halak
Glass

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Carter
Bergeron
Olesz
Ovechkin

Phaneuf
Meszaros

Hard to pick one goalie, since so many teams are playing both, maybe the czech backup, he was amazing vs. the US.

Last edited:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
Carter
Bergeron
Olesz

Phaneuf
Meszaros

Hard to pick one goalie, since so many teams are playing both, maybe the czech backup, he was amazing vs. the US.
Oh man, I forgot Carter. I think I'd put him right on par with Ovechkin,

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
nomorekids said:
Are you kidding? Suter had a bad pass against Belarus, and all of a sudden he's fallen from everyone's grace. His plus minus is misleading because he's played with brian lee and Jeff Likens, and BOTH have missed their men leading to goals...while Suter had his well covered. Suter and Borer have been the only two d-men for the US that have kept some games from getting even uglier than they already were. Phaneuf has made his mistakes as well, particularly in the first game.

There are two players that I've been paying closest attention to throughout the tournament; Suter and Hagemo. They appear, to me, to be the best two defenders for the US so far. I think Hagemo's play has been on par with and many times stronger than Suter's. Hagemo doesn't get much attention because he's not a very highly touted prospect but I really like what I've seen so far. I've always liked Suter and he has been decent so far, but I've noticed him failing to keep the puck in the zone, refusing to shoot on the power play and making questionable decisions in front of his net a few times in the three games I've seen, while Hagemo has been relatively mistake free. I haven't seen any games that weren't on ESPN2, so what I guess I'm saying is; if Suter is good enough to be on an all-tournament team, then Hagemo certainly is as well.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
markov` said:
Yeah, and Canada, who won all their games and set a new record, doesn't have anything to say.

Take it easy, I was just kidding. ;)

Canada is great this year! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad