Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I also have a huge hdr tv. It really brings out everything in the X. I think it's well worth the price and only going to get better.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The Battlefront II thread is insanity so I figured I'd post this here. Out of curiosity, has anyone been playing BF2 on Xbox and, if so, how are the bugs/glitches? I've seen a lot of negative feedback on that front.

Just curious because I have a friend with an Xbox who was considering it and I've only had one or two very minor issues on PC.
Had a couple happen to me. I joined a match once and literally had no figure (I play in 3rd person) and I could not see anyone else. But if my crosshairs were aimed at someone their name (in red for bad guy, blue for good guy) popped up. So I died like 3 times then quit because I thought eventually they would render but they didn't.

Another game I was Rey in Heros and Villains and the Emperor shocked a whole bunch of us and the electricity stayed around me the whole match, even after I died. So I was running around like a giant lightning bolt. :laugh:

Luckily it wasn't actually hurting me the whole time :)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So I don't have a 4k TV but I'm still thinking about upgrading to the 1X. I'm looking for One X deals from gamestop it doesn't look like there are any. I'm gonna say f*** it and just commit to one console, I'm tired of having multiple consoles and paying for multiple subscriptions so I'm just gonna go with the OneX. I'm gonna be trading in my original Xb1 and ps4 plus a few games, I'm not gonna get much for the games but the extra trade in value should be nice.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So I don't have a 4k TV but I'm still thinking about upgrading to the 1X. I'm looking for One X deals from gamestop it doesn't look like there are any. I'm gonna say **** it and just commit to one console, I'm tired of having multiple consoles and paying for multiple subscriptions so I'm just gonna go with the OneX. I'm gonna be trading in my original Xb1 and ps4 plus a few games, I'm not gonna get much for the games but the extra trade in value should be nice.

Was at gamestop the other day and they had no OneX's but other retailers do. Probably going to be hard to find a deal other than some bundle with a game before Xmas. Even if you don't have 4k yet it will run games at 1080P 60fps.

NHL now $30.00 from Microsoft store, digital download.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Was at gamestop the other day and they had no OneX's but other retailers do. Probably going to be hard to find a deal other than some bundle with a game before Xmas. Even if you don't have 4k yet it will run games at 1080P 60fps.

NHL now $30.00 from Microsoft store, digital download.
Yeah that's what I figured, there's a couple near me that have them in stock. But with trading everything else I have in I shouldn't be paying more then 250 outta pocket.

I was gonna post my stuff on CL, but there's like 50 others posted around the same price.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just FYI Best Buy gave like $30 more for trade in than Gamestop was going to give for my S.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Just FYI Best Buy gave like $30 more for trade in than Gamestop was going to give for my S.
Shit I forgot they took trade ins.

Oh well. I got my X. Gamestop wouldn't take my ps4 because I had taken it apart to clean it and putting it together I didn't exactly take too much care for the stickers.

And then on top of that I was planning on transferring my preorder credits to go to the system, but since I wasnt at my home store(they didn't have the X) I wasn't allowed to, I was pretty salty about that. So I paid more than I wanted to, but I'm kinda glad I kept my PS4 though.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Nice! Enjoy your X!

Maybe BB would take your PS4. They literally just make sure the system turns on and dont ever connect it to a monitor / play games / test it out. If it boots up they take it. I think they realize one or two bad systems out of thr thousands of trade ins they get is worth it to not invest in being a pain in the ass and causing a bad experience for the customer.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Nice! Enjoy your X!

Maybe BB would take your PS4. They literally just make sure the system turns on and dont ever connect it to a monitor / play games / test it out. If it boots up they take it. I think they realize one or two bad systems out of thr thousands of trade ins they get is worth it to not invest in being a pain in the ass and causing a bad experience for the customer.
Part of me wants to go try, but part of me wants to keep my ps4 :laugh:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I did it and hadn't looked back, until I seen the first Last of Us 2 teaser. I immediately knew I ****ed up :laugh:

I'm okay so far. Wasn't a huge fan of the original game play, although I did enjoy watching the story part.

I have a feeling it'll be Naughty Dog that makes me regret it eventually, though.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Uncharted was the only reason I own a PS4. Then I got Horizon and that game is incredible. Looking forward to God of War too. Never was huge into those games but they are worth playing.

Outside of that I dont play it much.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think I would be hard pressed not to switch to a PS4 if my XB1 died today. RPGs are my thing, and PS4 exclusive RPGs are actually a thing, as opposed to XB1 RPGs. Halo no longer has the appeal to me that it once did, and I dont really care for any other XB exclusives.

Practically speaking, XB1 is cheaper to buy at this time, so I could buy a PS4 and a used XB1 later on

Im dieing to play Horizon Zero Dawn, that game would be right up my alley.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not even a little true. My buddy and I play Big Team, Doubles, Halo 3, Slayer, and whatever that random objective mode is at will.
When I was playing MMC, it took me literally 5 minutes to find one match. It was easier to find a game with the remade Halo 2 levels compared to anything else. I get the sense you're over-exaggerating this a bit.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Well again, maybe it's just because we play on weekends before and after going out, but I'm personally not exaggerating at all. It's 100% been my experience that i have relatively no issue quickly finding matches for those above listed game modes.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I used to get told I was full of it when I said there was still a community out there that played Titanfall (the first one). Granted since the 2nd one came out it is harder to find a game now but Titanfall had a great following all the way until 2 came out.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I used to get told I was full of it when I said there was still a community out there that played Titanfall (the first one). Granted since the 2nd one came out it is harder to find a game now but Titanfall had a great following all the way until 2 came out.

Unfortunately Titanfall 2 had a tiny player base shortly after launch despite being the best shooter in recent memory IMO.

At least, that was my experience on PC. Can't say how it is on Xbox.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Unfortunately Titanfall 2 had a tiny player base shortly after launch despite being the best shooter in recent memory IMO.

At least, that was my experience on PC. Can't say how it is on Xbox.
I still play it on PC (once it came to Origin access a couple months or so ago) and it's still easy to find games to play. I played a couple yesterday actually.

On Xbox I haven't played in a couple weeks but when I did last play I had no issues finding games there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad