GDT: Michigan vs Notre Dame NCAA Frozen Four Semi Final

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It would suck if we couldn't sign him

I have no reason to think he won't. Everything he's said has hinted at him signing with Habs. He said that his focus is the NCAA Championship now, but that once it's done, he'll be excited to sign his contract. Talked about how he's kept a great relationship with a lot of Habs' staff who kept in touch with him since his draft.

He doesn't sound anything like Vesey and Butcher who pretty much let everyone know they won't sign with the teams that drafted them.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he's been really good on draws but he's always one of the top in the NCAA in face-offs so not a surprise. His 2 pt game gives him a career high 44 pts in 39 games. He's had 86 pts in his last 79 games.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Blue are way too passive. Lack of firepower up front is showing.

Anyway, I'm not losing tonight. Yeah, Wolverines are my #1 best team. But ND is always close 2nd. Went to ND....Montreal....for my College so always had a special bond with ND somehow.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Will there really be a head scout out there that will watch Hughes, and then Tkachuk and will take Tkachuk? Really? I don't believe it.

Reactions: le_sean

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hughes really is something else on the powerplay :amazed: . His ability to keep the puck on his stick alone separates him from the average player.

Insane. And defensively he's surprisingly good. And at one point, he will take an inch or 2 and some pounds. And will be a great player.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I have no reason to think he won't. Everything he's said has hinted at him signing with Habs. He said that his focus is the NCAA Championship now, but that once it's done, he'll be excited to sign his contract. Talked about how he's kept a great relationship with a lot of Habs' staff who kept in touch with him since his draft.

He doesn't sound anything like Vesey and Butcher who pretty much let everyone know they won't sign with the teams that drafted them.

I'm sure he also sees how bad our centre depth is. He knows he can crack our lineup a lot easier then probably any other team in the league.

Reactions: montreal

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
As I noted earlier in the game, I find Hughes is quite good at closing the gaps defensively and using his stick to stop rushing opponents one on one. He rarely was in any trouble all game tonight . I think his all around game will come around just fine at the next level. He reminds me quite a bit of Brian Rafalski, another small dman who made up for it with quickness and smart positioning.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad