OT: Michigan Sports Talk V: Lions and Tigers and Wolverines and Spartans! Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
are there good offensive lineman in this draft?

it's also an area that needs work and ideally franchise quarterback would have great offensive line in front of him before he takes his first snap.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
are there good offensive lineman in this draft?

it's also an area that needs work and ideally franchise quarterback would have great offensive line in front of him before he takes his first snap.

I don't know. But the Michigan linemen on both O and D are really good.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't know. But the Michigan linemen on both O and D are really good.

State has some good ones, Michigan was pretty uninspiring in their only true big boy game thus far with Utah. I don't think they are awful in particular the defensive line, but lets be honest U of M is going to struggle when they matchup with the real big programs in the B1G. They are not there yet and I expect them to get manhandled in the trenches when they meet up with MSU and tOSU.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
State has some good ones, Michigan was pretty uninspiring in their only true big boy game thus far with Utah. I don't think they are awful in particular the defensive line, but lets be honest U of M is going to struggle when they matchup with the real big programs in the B1G. They are not there yet and I expect them to get manhandled in the trenches when they meet up with MSU and tOSU.

Everyone played pretty bad in their first game. After that tho they dominated. And it's not like it was against cupcake opponents. They were average/below average but still.

If Notre Dame can get praised for doing that why cant anyone else? :help:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I don't expect any wins until week 6. and even then...

I think they have a decent shot to win each game especially this next one against Denver. Seattle isn't overly scary but I think Wilson will tear them up. I think the Arizona game will be very close too. I'll say 1-4.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think they have a decent shot to win each game especially this next one against Denver. Seattle isn't overly scary but I think Wilson will tear them up. I think the Arizona game will be very close too. I'll say 1-4.

Peyton is good in the regular season, I expect that to be a loss. Arizona is mehh but they looked really good against the bears (not hard) and Seattle is Seattle. Though we could beat them cause Pete cant make a decision, Superbowl destroyed his mind.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
While the season has been a lost cause, JV has been pitching well lately, and today he found his upper 90s fastball.

As far as Rondon, just don't know what to think, this should be the type of season to bring the team together IMO, as they're better than their record, but they can't afford to have players quit either. Like sarcastro said, a 10 cent head will only get him so far.

Just can't get into the NFL this year, perhaps a good thing with the Lions. I just want college hockey to start up again (thinking about going down to see Tech in Glendale, Az in Jan).

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Well, Denver has the 2nd best defense in the league and Peyton will shred our swiss cheese secondary. Arizona is an easy loss and Seattle looking to get to 2-2 on MNF? This team has 0-5 written all over it. The saddest part is that Stafford will get little blame and in a year or so he'll get re-signed to a mammoth deal because this team has no clue what it's doing.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Well, Denver has the 2nd best defense in the league and Peyton will shred our swiss cheese secondary. Arizona is an easy loss and Seattle looking to get to 2-2 on MNF? This team has 0-5 written all over it. The saddest part is that Stafford will get little blame and in a year or so he'll get re-signed to a mammoth deal because this team has no clue what it's doing.

Good, keep stafford we get higher picks in the draft.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I'm not a huge fan of Stafford by any means, but I doubt any qb could do anything under the kind of pressure he's faced so far. The line is a joke and he's a sitting duck getting hammered over and over again. Until they fix the line, the qb is irrelevant.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'm not a huge fan of Stafford by any means, but I doubt any qb could do anything under the kind of pressure he's faced so far. The line is a joke and he's a sitting duck getting hammered over and over again. Until they fix the line, the qb is irrelevant.

a qb who can run probably could.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

How good does the offensive line need to be for Stafford to actually produce at the level we expect?

I feel like this gets said every season with regards to Stafford.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

peyton has yet to be payton though, outside of one drive. but that defense is stacked and it's pass rush is going to kill lions oline and secondary is going to pick up lot of stafford's passes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
How good does the offensive line need to be for Stafford to actually produce at the level we expect?

what do we expect? he's a good/average but not great quarterback. but unless you haev great receivers and great oline, average quarterback is going to struggle. stafford has only one of those and that receiver group isn't that great beyond megatron and tate.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan

Average at least. the line this year has been bottom barrel. Stafford has the physical tools to be elite but lacks the brain, so we need to give him at least a second longer for our receivers to break free.

People wonder why Calvin hasn't gone deep, its because the line won't hold long enough to get him there.

Stafford had a pretty good year last year, btw...

I just keep hoping the line just needs to gel..... Either way Stafford is like Romo, to good to just dump and grab a free agent, and to good to just lose enough games to grab a sure fire star QB. but not good enough to win you games on his own.

I was wrong about the team this year, but I still hope we can see a turnaround this year. I think once Levy comes back we will see a big change in the D. Won't matter though if the line doesn't improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad