OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I just want this Super Bowl to be done with asap so Patricia can officially be hired.

For sure. Patricia is the first lions coach ive been excited about in my entire life.

Will he flop? Maybe, but at least i have high hopes for the team which is not something i can say regarding any other Detroit team.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
For sure. Patricia is the first lions coach ive been excited about in my entire life.

Will he flop? Maybe, but at least i have high hopes for the team which is not something i can say regarding any other Detroit team.
The one thing I noticed that I am looking forward to, that Caldwell would NEVER do, In-Game Adjustments.

That 2nd half Pats Defense was all Patricia making the necessary moves right then and there, and adjusting accordingly. That has what's been needing on both sides of the ball, for some times now, and to think, how many close games we lost due to Caldwell stubbornly trying the same thing not working, again, and again, and again.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The Jaguars choked, the Vikings got outplayed thoroughly.

To get as far as they did and lose to that team is choking in my books, but you are right they were never even really in it. It was disgraceful.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
To get as far as they did and lose to that team is choking in my books, but you are right they were never even really in it. It was disgraceful.
I don't get what's wrong with the Eagles? Nick Foles has been dynamite in the playoffs and has won 4 of his last 5 starts. Their top tier defense wasn't effected by Wentz going down. The Superbowl is going to be an entertaining game for sure.

Reactions: TheMule93

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't get what's wrong with the Eagles? Nick Foles has been dynamite in the playoffs and has won 4 of his last 5 starts. Their top tier defense wasn't effected by Wentz going down. The Superbowl is going to be an entertaining game for sure.

Minnesota had the #1 defense all year. I think they are better at most positions on the field. They ended the regular season very narrowly beating some bad teams. Game was very winnable for Minnesota, they just didn't show up.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Minnesota had the #1 defense all year. I think they are better at most positions on the field. They ended the regular season very narrowly beating some bad teams. Game was very winnable for Minnesota, they just didn't show up.

#1 teams in point diff usually make the Super Bowl. Eagles and pats were tied for #1. After the pats win I knew the Vikings fate. Too bad the rams weren’t that good at the end of the season

Reactions: Konnan511

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Pistons 1-9 in their last 10. Will probably miss the playoffs. Svg needs to go. His players don’t play defense besides Drummond really

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Keenum isn’t good enough. The defense can carry him but I’ll take a top 5-10 dfence instead of the best one for a great qb

#1 teams in point diff usually make the Super Bowl. Eagles and pats were tied for #1. After the pats win I knew the Vikings fate. Too bad the rams weren’t that good at the end of the season

Those would be good points... had the Vikings played Carson Wentz, and not Nick Foles.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Those would be good points... had the Vikings played Carson Wentz, and not Nick Foles.

Nick foles can go on hot streaks and be an elite qb. And go back around and be hot trash. And he’s usually average (so is Keenum). Philly has slightly worse dfence but slightly better personnel everywhere else. Nick foles went off

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The entire league doesn't play defense, sadly. Not since the days of the Pistons, Spurs, Nets & Pacers, that showed everyone how it was done.

Even so, The pistons if not the worst are one of the worst defensive teams in the nba. And since they don’t have players that score that much you need to be pretty good at it.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So Blake Griffin, eh?

Slight overpayment. But hey you gotta get stars somehow and the pistons won’t be bad enough to draft high.

I don’t think griffin is a guy to go after though. This probably pushes them back in the playoffs

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't know much about the NBA but reading the trade I saw it as an overpayment and was surprised to see Detroit make the move. That being said, that's a pretty dominant front court.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
First time the pistons have had a household name in like a decade. Wow, I might actually watch a few pistons games now

I just don't care enough about basketball to watch shit/mediocre teams year in and year out

Hockey and football yes

At least they're attempting to end their mediocrity. Big moves are always fun regardless of how they turn out.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He’s probably gone after the season doesn’t strike me as a guy that likes places like Detroit. Only the la New York types

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
First time the pistons have had a household name in like a decade. Wow, I might actually watch a few pistons games now

I just don't care enough about basketball to watch ****/mediocre teams year in and year out

Hockey and football yes

At least they're attempting to end their mediocrity. Big moves are always fun regardless of how they turn out.

But the Pistons are still mediocre with Griffin.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
But the Pistons are still mediocre with Griffin.

In a way. They are like a 5th seed or so. Unless coaching screws up bad which isn’t unlikely.

But mediocore like 9th seed still? No. Stars are way better then 2-3 good players in the NBA. Even if he isn’t really a star

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
He’s probably gone after the season doesn’t strike me as a guy that likes places like Detroit. Only the la New York types

Nah, the Clippers screwed Griffin real good. They convinced him to sign a five year contract six months ago. They wooed him by showing him a Clippers history video (from the future) where they retire his # at Staples Center. I'm not even making this up.

Last edited:

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
In a way. They are like a 5th seed or so. Unless coaching screws up bad which isn’t unlikely.

But mediocore like 9th seed still? No. Stars are way better then 2-3 good players in the NBA. Even if he isn’t really a star

The problem is that the Pistons are never going to beat Boston, Cleveland or Toronto in a seven game series. Their roster composition is just not built to win playoff basketball. SVG built a lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad