OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My wife and I are diehard Lions fans (she's a Flyers fan and I'm a Devils fan but we love the Lions) and WOW, just can't describe what that win meant. Several Vikings fans in our local BWW but we were going nuts when Tate scored that TD. Can't wait to make a game live out there in Detroit!!

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Given your NHL teams: How is it that your NFL one are the Lions?

I've never met a Lions fan that wasn't from MI so my guess to his allegiance is that he/his family is from MI and moved to NJ and he became a hockey fan whilst there and claimed the Devils as his favorite team.

Love Devils fans. I've been to The Rock with a dear friend that lives in Newark a few times including a game against Detroit. There was a kid in my section with a terrible home cut mohawk wearing a Rangers sweater. Kid was heckled literally the entire game by Devils fans. It was hilarious. Kid ended up moving to the next section over but was spotted by the same guys and the heckling continued but they had to yell louder.

Amazing victory in Minnesota today. I could have used less theatrics from Tate. His celebration could have gone awry before crossing the goal line. Celebrate after scoring the TD.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I hate to admit it, but the Astros do have a lot of nice pieces that would go a long way towards a rebuild. If we dealt Miggy, though, we may as well deal off Kinsler, JUp, and JD, too. regardless, I want to hold onto JV.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I hate to admit it, but the Astros do have a lot of nice pieces that would go a long way towards a rebuild. If we dealt Miggy, though, we may as well deal off Kinsler, JUp, and JD, too. regardless, I want to hold onto JV.

Keep Verlander to help out Fulmer, Boyd and Norris plus whoever else could get acquired selling off the rest of the team. If Miggy goes they have to fire sale the entire team except JV imo

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Keep Verlander to help out Fulmer, Boyd and Norris plus whoever else could get acquired selling off the rest of the team. If Miggy goes they have to fire sale the entire team except JV imo

yeah, that's what I'd assume. If we dealt Miggy I have to think (hope) we get the sort of pieces back that could drastically shorten a rebuild, though. As it is, if Fulmer/Boyd/Norris continue to pitch well and grow, out rotation is looking at least very solid going forward. And bats are always easier to find than pitching.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
If you're selling you might as well sell everything. What's the point of holding onto your most valuable piece? Regardless, the idea of selling off miggy and jv makes me sick. Hall of fame players that should retire here. I'm really hating everything that's going on with the front offices of both organizations at the moment.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

I heard Dodgers as well. I could see he and his bouyant wife ending up in LA, much as it pains me. JV and Miggy are left field statue-worthy in my book.
Look at your favorite Tiger. Now look at your second favorite Tiger. I hope you enjoyed them; one, or both, will be gone (unless your faves are Castellanos, Fulmer, Boyd or Norris)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Michigan lost but it doesn't matter. Win out and your in

Indiana is actually the biggest game of the season. Even if you lose to osu. If you beat Indiana they still don't make the playoffs. (Unless more chaos). So there's comfort in that. And this wasn't a year you expect a natty

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

It's going to suck to see JD go. If they trade a couple stars, I'm in the "trade everyone" camp. Burn it down. Don't half-ass it.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

I
It's going to suck to see JD go. If they trade a couple stars, I'm in the "trade everyone" camp. Burn it down. Don't half-ass it.

I'm in the 'everyone but JV' camp. I think he's going to be integral in the growth of our budding star pitchers.

We just have to hope Al Av has the trading mojo Dealing Dave had. Pretty much all our future stars came from Dumbrowski's trades.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
We just have to hope Al Av has the trading mojo Dealing Dave had. Pretty much all our future stars came from Dumbrowski's trades.
Yeah, Dombrowski is one of the best traders of all time. It will be tough for Avila to approach that level. However, Al is supposedly the one that orchestrated the Cespedes/Fulmer deal so that gives me some hope.

I mean, read this article. Between 2001 and 2012, DD's 58 trades resulted in a +104.4 bWAR differential for the Tigers. Insane!

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
JV got robbed of the Cy Young.

Seriously, and WTF is going on with this:

coupled with the fact that two Tampa, Florida-based writers -- Fred Goodall of The Associated Press and Bill Chastain of MLB.com -- left Verlander off their ballots entirely.

Porcello shouldn't have even finished second, let alone winning the thing. And these two clowns left Verlander off their ballots entirely?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seriously, and WTF is going on with this:

Porcello shouldn't have even finished second, let alone winning the thing. And these two clowns left Verlander off their ballots entirely?

Such a joke, those idiots shouldnt even be allowed to vote. The only one who may have had an argument over Verlander was Britton. The only advantage Porcello had was Wins and he had roughly double the run support

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Most starts, Most strikeouts, best WHIP, best BAA, Most innings, Best WAR-p, best WAR, Least amount of RS, Most games with giving up fewer than 2 ERs.

I'm shocked he didn't win.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
On a side note...can you guys imagine what our team would look like if we had JV, Scherzer and Porcello...They could just rename the Cy Young to like "Tigers Pitching Award"

Unfortunately we would still lose games because our closers would blow them probably. HA!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Msu basketball is garbage. Lose 2 games (yes to good teams but still). Win vs high school team and almost lose to high school team

(And apparently they should have but mistakes were made by the people In charge). So 1-3? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad