OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Haha, I'm sorry, bud. Living among the Vikings fans is slowly eroding me. Plus all the Vikes fans celebrating Rodgers injury...

http://www.citypages.com/news/did-vikings-fans-cheer-aaron-rodgers-injury-video/451250233

Eh, that was a big 3rd down stop. Not sure. Most Vikings fans have I met are pretty mild mannered compared to fans of other teams.

But if you were a GB fan beforehand, I guess I would get you not latching on. But McCarthy calling that play dirty or illegal...that's a bunch of trash. That was a football play, and he was outside the pocket.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Eh, that was a big 3rd down stop. Not sure. Most Vikings fans have I met are pretty mild mannered compared to fans of other teams.

But if you were a GB fan beforehand, I guess I would get you not latching on. But McCarthy calling that play dirty or illegal...that's a bunch of trash. That was a football play, and he was outside the pocket.

The hit was fine. I think Rodgers was most upset that he didn't ease up a bit. Kind of one of those respect things. Is it within the rules in that scenario to fall on him with your full weight? Sure. But is that the kind of league you want to play in? I don't know. It's not very good for the game if star QBs go down, thus all the rules they have protecting the QB already. I certainly get less enjoyment watching the Vikings without Bradford.

In hockey, it's the same as lighting up a guy at center ice with his head down. Can you legally do it? Absolutely. But it's probably best if players don't so CTE isn't a standard job requirement of playing. We used to celebrate guys like Stevens for those hits, but maybe it's time to adapt.

As for fans, of course there's good and bad eggs. My problem is I'm mired in the heart of the beast, so the bad eggs stink worse than they should. BTW if you make it to a game, you still need to let me know! The stadium is bananas. Definitely worth seeing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The hit was fine. I think Rodgers was most upset that he didn't ease up a bit. Kind of one of those respect things. Is it within the rules in that scenario to fall on him with your full weight? Sure. But is that the kind of league you want to play in? I don't know. It's not very good for the game if star QBs go down, thus all the rules they have protecting the QB already. I certainly get less enjoyment watching the Vikings without Bradford.

In hockey, it's the same as lighting up a guy at center ice with his head down. Can you legally do it? Absolutely. But it's probably best if players don't so CTE isn't a standard job requirement of playing. We used to celebrate guys like Stevens for those hits, but maybe it's time to adapt.

As for fans, of course there's good and bad eggs. My problem is I'm mired in the heart of the beast, so the bad eggs stink worse than they should. BTW if you make it to a game, you still need to let me know! The stadium is bananas. Definitely worth seeing.

I need to make it out that way, I will let you know if I do.

Regarding Barr, that’s a 260 lb dude with a full head of steam, not that easy to just ease up like it might seem it is watching a massively slowed down replay. And if you stop actually hitting qbs when you blitz, blitzes become less effective IMO. QB’s make bad decisions when they are about to get hit... that’s just instincts.

If people booed that Rodgers got hurt then they just suck. Weirdly I’ve never even really disliked the Packers too much (same with the Blackhawks). I have nothing but respect for Rodgers.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
They wanted someone with experience...they succeeded

They did, but experience is now looking like the main thing they were looking for. I'm not sure why the majority of names that got floated were ever mentioned at this point if the goal was to bring in a guy least likely to turn it into a tirefire. Which isn't the worst thing in the world, but we're definitely not getting someone who is known for his innovative field marshalling.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Don’t see him turning us into a team who makes the playoffs and don’t see him hindering the rebuild. Fine hire

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Ausmus was considered the "hot" hire and that was nothing short of a disaster. Right now it's not really going to matter who is coaching this team.

As long as they stick with rebuilding.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Really curious to see how MSU handles Penn State two weeks from now. Don't see the Spartans coming away with a win, but you never know.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Really curious to see how MSU handles Penn State two weeks from now. Don't see the Spartans coming away with a win, but you never know.

If they win they will luck into a big ten title and just get demolished by a bama type school again. They have a horrendous offense just like Michigan.

And yeah I’m rooting for JV and the Astros. I hate the dodgers

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Been pulling for Verlander. My favorite Tiger since Tram and Lou. While I've understood the trade, and appreciate the step towards rebuilding, it's also a bit of punch in gut seeing it.

He really hates the yankees

Should be a prerequisite for all baseball fans outside of New York.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Since coming to Houston, Verlander got the win in every game he pitched. Let's not forget he waived his de-facto NTC to facilitate the trade, which should help the Tigers a lot. May he defeat the next big-market team!

Gruß,
BSHH

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If they win they will luck into a big ten title and just get demolished by a bama type school again. They have a horrendous offense just like Michigan.

And yeah I’m rooting for JV and the Astros. I hate the dodgers

I think they would struggle with Wisconsin.

Their offense isn't great but it isn't just like Michigan's. They are better than U of M at every position on offense.

What I am fascinated to see is how the MSU D holds up against Penn State. I think this groups real big years are the next two. I want to see the adjustments made. They actually played better than the scoreline suggested against Notre Dame. I am curious to see how far they have progressed, they are getting better in my opinion at all positions. I am fascinated to watch them try to contain Penn State. I doubt they will, but they shouldn't get embarrassed the same way U of M just was in my opinion.

I am pretty sure Penn State just scored again while I was typing this.

Brady Hoke and Jim Harbaugh have identical records through 33 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->