OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He hasn’t won a conference championship since the last time he coached his own team. Wow.

What does hokes record have to do with anything? Dantonio in his first three years went 22-17 or something

Msu just did to Michigan what Michigan did last year, beat them with a whole new group and dantonio ranked it as one of his biggest wins.

I expected a 8-4 Michigan team this year or 7-5. Depending on what happened with Florida.

Edit: Yes, if he loses next year to MSU/OSU the heat should be real. It’s pretty much his team with experience (there will still be a couple hoke players but harbaughs will be the majority on the team) He should have a New OC there’s really no excuses next year.

I am not really sure why you would expect him to win next year. I guess little McCaffery could really be good. But MSU is about just as young as U of M and actually should be a lot better in the next two years, I don't think they are likely to get them in East Lansing. I don't know how they are going to play enough Offense to stay with Ohio State this year and they are super unlikely to get anything done at the Shoe the year after.

Hoke's record has to do with him and Harbaugh have actually opened their U of M careers the same way. Only people are still defending Harbaugh, at this point things were falling off the Brady Hoke bandwagon at a spectacular rate because of his record and who he was losing to. Some how the excuses are there for Harbaugh though and I find it amusing.

I guess you can go with the NFL. The point is even with Andrew Luck and really talented Stanford teams he didn't win the Pac12. He hasn't won his conference and he has less than a handful of big game moments. But for some reason everyone still wants to fawn all over him. I don't really get it. But hey I will take it as long as U of M fan does because I root for a team with a coach I can expect to get the better of him time and time out when they meet up and that is good news for Spartan fans.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I am not really sure why you would expect him to win next year. I guess little McCaffery could really be good. But MSU is about just as young as U of M and actually should be a lot better in the next two years, I don't think they are likely to get them in East Lansing. I don't know how they are going to play enough Offense to stay with Ohio State this year and they are super unlikely to get anything done at the Shoe the year after.

Hoke's record has to do with him and Harbaugh have actually opened their U of M careers the same way. Only people are still defending Harbaugh, at this point things were falling off the Brady Hoke bandwagon at a spectacular rate because of his record and who he was losing to. Some how the excuses are there for Harbaugh though and I find it amusing.

I guess you can go with the NFL. The point is even with Andrew Luck and really talented Stanford teams he didn't win the Pac12. He hasn't won his conference and he has less than a handful of big game moments. But for some reason everyone still wants to fawn all over him. I don't really get it. But hey I will take it as long as U of M fan does because I root for a team with a coach I can expect to get the better of him time and time out when they meet up and that is good news for Spartan fans.

Hoke is irrelevant. Maybe you should look at Dabos record vs rivals in his first 3 years?

Hokes win came against crappy big ten teams you should know this being a big ten fan. He beat Ohio State when the coach was Luke fickell.

I’m not saying Michigan will win but when he will likely return a #1 defense that will be even better (unless brown leaves or for some reason the defense gives up) next year it’s weird to see you give msu a 85% chance to win that game.

Nothing should even be thought of until next year. (Unless he loses an Iowa/Indiana type game) in which case he should be fired. A loss at that point is inexcuseable

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hoke is irrelevant. Maybe you should look at Dabos record vs rivals in his first 3 years?

Hokes win came against crappy big ten teams you should know this being a big ten fan. He beat Ohio State when the coach was Luke fickell.

I’m not saying Michigan will win but when he will likely return a #1 defense that will be even better (unless brown leaves or for some reason the defense gives up) next year it’s weird to see you give msu a 85% chance to win that game.

Nothing should even be thought of until next year. (Unless he loses an Iowa/Indiana type game) in which case he should be fired. A loss at that point is inexcuseable

I don't think Michigan's defense is much better than MSU's . When you have won 8 of the last ten you are right on 80% so not that strange.

I should look at a National Championship level coach??? This would be my point with the Jim Harbaugh love and defense being completely out of touch. Harbaugh has been coaching in College football for a decade, seven of those seasons in power conferences. His biggest win remains the staggering -40 underdog win over USC. His resume doesn't suggest Dabo Swinney who was a young interim coach taking over a struggling program. That isn't what Harbaugh is saying. Also Swinney himself has been quite candid he expected to be fired after his third year based on performance. I don't see a win on Harbaugh's record at U of M that is close to Swinney beating Miami during those first three years either.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don't think Michigan's defense is much better than MSU's . When you have won 8 of the last ten you are right on 80% so not that strange.

I should look at a National Championship level coach??? This would be my point with the Jim Harbaugh love and defense being completely out of touch. Harbaugh has been coaching in College football for a decade, seven of those seasons in power conferences. His biggest win remains the staggering -40 underdog win over USC. His resume doesn't suggest Dabo Swinney who was a young interim coach taking over a struggling program. That isn't what Harbaugh is saying. Also Swinney himself has been quite candid he expected to be fired after his third year based on performance. I don't see a win on Harbaugh's record at U of M that is close to Swinney beating Miami during those first three years either.

Yes? If championship coaches had trouble with their rivals in 3 years why can’t harbaugh? If harbaugh can take a crappy stanford team to a national competitor in 4 seasons id expect everyone to give him 4 to get his class in. Unless he loses to Indiana/Minnesota or gets blown out 28-3 by Ohio State he shouldn’t get any hate until next year.

Also I don’t believe Miami and Clemson were rivals at the time. So Michigan beating Wisconsin would be as big as that. I could be mistaken on that though

Last edited:

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Anyone headed to the Lions Saints game this weekend? I'll be there on the Lions sideline a couple rows back. I've lived in the area for a couple years now, so if anyone wanted some local tips, I'd try my best.

Reactions: Konnan511

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Verlander pitching for a World Series is looking more and more possible. Yeah, not a Tiger technically, but that dude will always be wearing the Olde English D to me.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Verlander pitching for a World Series is looking more and more possible. Yeah, not a Tiger technically, but that dude will always be wearing the Olde English D to me.
might not be a tiger, but at least he's on the team that closely resembles the tigers uniforms

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
58 passing yards for okorn. 8 rushing yards (his strong point)

Play peters after the loss to penn
I thought you were having a laugh...then I looked at the boxscore...yikes. How can they beat Florida, but lose to MSU and then almost lose to Indiana. Did the team rally behind Wilton or something?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I thought you were having a laugh...then I looked at the boxscore...yikes. How can they beat Florida, but lose to MSU and then almost lose to Indiana. Did the team rally behind Wilton or something?

Florida isn’t that good (8-4 if they played someone worse then Michigan). Indiana isn’t bad they are really underrated. But I’m pretty sure peters can pass for 58 yards.

It’s funny how we rush more in better weather though.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Really not liking the start to this Lions game so far... yeah the Saints are coming off a bye week but I really thought this team was better than that

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Prater missing FGs... Staff not able to convert.. the defense just unable to make big stops earlier in the game.... no bueno

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Why did I waste money to watch the Lions play. This is a train wreck in every sense of the term.

I hate this team so much.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Well, good luck on the division title now guys.

Anthony Barr just opened the division up.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I don't have faith in the Lions even with Rodgers going down.

This is an awful loss. But it's also fair to say most of us would have taken 3-3 heading into the bye week prior to the season.

Reactions: avssuc

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
This team will be lucky to make the playoffs. They are very very lucky that Rodgers is out

This defense is somehow really trash compared to last year.

On the bright side every team we play will probaby be trash

Reactions: avssuc

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The remaining Lions schedule:

10/29 Pittsburgh
11/6 @ Green Bay
11/12 Cleveland
11/19 @ Chicago
11/23 Minnesota
12/3 @Baltimore
12/10 @ Tampa Bay
12/16 Chicago
12/24 @ Cincinatti
12/31 Green Bay

Bad teams, fallen teams and teams facing huge injury hurdles. NFC North is up for the taking. A bye next week to get things together.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Well, with the Packers being an injury tire fire this season, it's hard to imagine them making much noise. They'll gut out a few games here and there, because they are well coached and still have some nice weapons, but yeah, hard to have much hope.

So given that, I hope the Lions pull their act together. Because I don't want the Vikings getting anywhere near the playoffs. Help me out, my Detroit friends.

Reactions: Ezekial

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Packers are done. If the Lions screw up again and can't win the division with no Rodgers, while Minny has Case Keenum and Chicago has some rookie, you might as well give up and join the CFL.

I personally expect the Lions to find a way to fail.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So given that, I hope the Lions pull their act together. Because I don't want the Vikings getting anywhere near the playoffs. Help me out, my Detroit friends.

Come on, man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad