OT: Michigan Sports Talk IV: The Voyage to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
6-2 with a completely beaten up team, now heading into a bye. This team will hopefully get healthy and watch out down the stretch. And people can ***** about Stafford all they want but hes playing winning football instead of putting up fantasy stats like last year, if theyre winning who cares?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
6-2 with a completely beaten up team, now heading into a bye. This team will hopefully get healthy and watch out down the stretch. And people can ***** about Stafford all they want but hes playing winning football instead of putting up fantasy stats like last year, if theyre winning who cares?

No. It's not like incomplete passes and picks in any way positively contribute towards winning. Or do you think there's some kind of magic connection in the universe that makes winning more likely when Stafford makes mistakes? The reason the Lions needed to win this on a last second FG (which through sheer luck they got to re-take) is that the Lions couldn't score a TD on two opportunities from within the Falcons 5 yard line.

I think Stafford isn't awful and a QB who will keep your offense functional, but he's also not an elite QB. Without Megatron he's just about getting by. You can win with that kind of QB if your defense is really solid and so far the Lions' D has held together - and that's the real reason the Lions are 6-2, not Stafford playing "differently".

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
No. It's not like incomplete passes and picks in any way positively contribute towards winning. Or do you think there's some kind of magic connection in the universe that makes winning more likely when Stafford makes mistakes? The reason the Lions needed to win this on a last second FG (which through sheer luck they got to re-take) is that the Lions couldn't score a TD on two opportunities from within the Falcons 5 yard line.

I think Stafford isn't awful and a QB who will keep your offense functional, but he's also not an elite QB. Without Megatron he's just about getting by. You can win with that kind of QB if your defense is really solid and so far the Lions' D has held together - and that's the real reason the Lions are 6-2, not Stafford playing "differently".

To be fair past 2 games were missing our top 3 tight ends and the best WR and bush who usually comes up with a good play a game. And have had almost no run game. 48 and 39 rushing past 2 games is pretty bad. Hopefully we can get rested up with our bye week

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
To be fair past 2 games were missing our top 3 tight ends and the best WR and bush who usually comes up with a good play a game. And have had almost no run game. 48 and 39 rushing past 2 games is pretty bad. Hopefully we can get rested up with our bye week

No kidding and Stafford is still winning games. Last week he had an interception that went right out of a tight ends hands that should have been a completed pass and todays was because Fuller slipped.

Stafford still leads the lions to a W today with 325 passing yards, 2 td passes and a big game winning drive and people still find a way to complain about him

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

The pick today was not Stafford's fault at all. The receiver fell down as Stafford threw the ball, nothing he can do about that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not really Michigan related, but stunned at the news of the passing of Oscar Taveres. Baseball just lost one of the brightest young stars to come along in the last decade. Very sad.

Last edited:

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
What a gag job by the Falcons. Go Lions!

Atlanta's most prominent area code is 404. :naughty::snide:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jokes aside, Oscar's tragic passing reminded me of Darryl Kile (2002) and Cory Lidle (2006). Rest in peace.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Not really Michigan related, but stunned at the news of the passing of Oscar Taveres. Baseball just lost one of the brightest young stars to come along in the last decade. Very sad.

Yep, that was a stunner. It's too bad. I tracked him heavily the past few years since he's been one of my keepers in my dynasty league, he was very fun to watch.

Atlanta's most prominent area code is 404. :naughty::snide:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jokes aside, Oscar's tragic passing reminded me of Darryl Kile (2002) and Cory Lidle (2006). Rest in peace.

Yeah, every time one of these happen, it's always surprising to me, upon reflection, how many times this has happened. I immediately thought of Steve Chiasson and Nick Adenhart.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Is it really that strange though? A young man died in a car accident. I've known at least three guys who died in car accidents before they hit 25. I bet most know at least one.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
My custom bumper sticker just arrived.

10473492_10203009453974399_8583253491504753405_n.jpg

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
They'll change but Vegas gave the Tigers the third best odds of winning the WS next season. I chuckled, whatever you say Vegas oddmakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad