Michalek's potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
If he maxes out his potential (which will likely take 3+ years) he will be like a Jere Lehtinen, IMO. Michalek himself has been quoted saying he would like to play like a Havlat or Sakic.

#37-#93-#27*

Baron Von Shark said:
If he maxes out his potential (which will likely take 3+ years) he will be like a Jere Lehtinen, IMO. Michalek himself has been quoted saying he would like to play like a Havlat or Sakic.
From what I've read he doesn't have the skills to be on that level. Also isn't Havlat more one dimensional?

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
#37-#93-#27 said:
From what I've read he doesn't have the skills to be on that level. Also isn't Havlat more one dimensional?
Well, that's Michalek's personal quote.

I wouldn't say he doesn't have the offensive skills. The toolset is there. He's an amazing skater (though no blazing speed), he's got a wickedly fast and accurate shot, his passing is extremely precise (all scouts knew about his playmaking abilities), however a huge knock on him is that he doesn't shoot enough. He needs to work on his offensive awareness; that's a definite. Milan does not have that gifted nose for the net, a la Zherdev.

Dr.Strangelove91

Nov 27, 2002
Tricolore world
Visit site
I think he is gonna look good fast but he's gonna reach his potential very fast too. Here's my predictions on him:

Rookie year: 10 goals, 22 assists and 32 points

3 years from his rookie season: 19 goals, 31 assist and 50 points

10 years from now: 25 goals, 46 assists and 71 points

IMO, he'll probably never reach the point-per-game ratio but he'll be a valuable two-way threat.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
X-SHARKIE said:
Simply put I think Michalek is the best prospect in the league away from the puck. Thats saying somthing.

Not really....
I mean if that was a quote from a coach or something, but how many prospects (other then Sharks prospects) do you watch on a regular basis, (not just counting the small tourney between Anaheim, San Jose, Los Angeles and Phoenix...)

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Michalek has some real offensive and physical weapons to play with. With his great two way game he does boast a good offensive game that still need tinkering with, what people don't see is that this guy has a lethal shot on him and has the ability when he wants to score goals, but he chooses to pass first instead of take the shot, maybe they can train him in the AHL or NHL to do so. He has great playmaking and vision now and if he can start making better decisions on when to pass and when to shoot he is going to be a very very great offensive player because he has great stickhandling, nice passing, vision, positioning and a good shot he just has to learn to use his shooting more than he is. Also he has a very big and solid body on him that allows him to be very strong on the ice and good along the boards and in corners, but the one thing he lacks is that he doesn't hit, if he learns to hit I think this guy will be one great all around player. At the WJHC Michalek scored a nice goal on Lehtonen by going to the net and getting the rebound, if he always did that as well he would be great.

Myself I really like Michaleks game and he impressed me at the WJHC this year in Halifax. Still a little raw on the offensive part, but his game is complete with much much upside. If I was predicting for him in the future if everything goes well for him I could see him putting up the type of #'s such as 75 to 80 points a year with about 30 goals maybe more if he really learns when to shoot the puck.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I say Niklas Sundstrom. I mean really, a 70 point producer who is also an elite two-way player? How many of those are in in the NHL at this point? five or six?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad