Confirmed with Link: Michal Kempny to capitals for a 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
No idea about this guy. Seems like a decent depth pick up, which is what we expected. He can't be worse than Weber and Gleason, right?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well Blackhawks fans seem to think he will be good for us

Likely means Chorney waived or bowey back to ahl

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Well Blackhawks fans seem to think he will be good for us

Likely means Chorney waived or bowey back to ahl

Hawks board seems happy to get a 3rd in return. Apparently Coach Q wasn't a big fan. Depth isn't bad but a 3rd seems like overpayment.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
If this could be combined with jettisoning Orpik, I'd be thrilled.

Maybe, Chorney was getting lonely and the pet store was all out of puppies and kittens.

Let the Kempny era begin!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
27 yrs old and just 81 NHL games experience. One playoff game.

This is a cheap body, not necessarily an upgrade.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Excellent trade. This is exactly the type of guy they should have targeted. Low cost, underrated LHD with solid possession and defensive metrics. Lack of experience is concerning but beggars can’t be choosers and it’s not like he could possibly be worse than Orpik.

Not that this will solve the team’s woes, but at least they are addressing their primary roster issue.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Most of his experience is overseas. Could be a low risk, high reward move if you consider that 3rd rounder an equally 50/50 gamble.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Like I said in the deadline thread, maybe an underrated player but does he replace Bowey? If he replaces Djoos and Djoos sits I don't see the value here. I'm not sure I really see the value period unless they believe he can be more than a rental for them. As-is it seems very unlikely to move the dial much.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Most of his experience is overseas. Could be a low risk, high reward move if you consider that 3rd rounder an equally 50/50 gamble.

probably can resign him cheap

ok twabby, whos better, him or chorney? kempny could become the new #7

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why jump to assume a Djoos replacement, just trying to find some shade to cast?

If he arrives and outplays Djoos, that’s just how sports works.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Like I said in the deadline thread, maybe an underrated player but does he replace Bowey? If he replaces Djoos and Djoos sits I don't see the value here. I'm not sure I really see the value period unless they believe he can be more than a rental for them. As-is it seems very unlikely to move the dial much.

Kempny is a left side D. It's Djoos or, please sweet mother of Mercy make it so, Orpik.

Reactions: RandyHolt

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
the fact that trotz is hesitant to even say that someone has to go down makes me think theres a part 2 coming

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Why jump to assume a Djoos replacement, just trying to find some shade to cast?

If he arrives and outplays Djoos, that’s just how sports works.
He's a lefty defenseman. Who do you think is most likely to be impacted?

Spending a third round pick to push the prospect out of the lineup that they've invested the season in already is typical Caps squirminess. I get the defense hasn't been good but so much of it has been structural. Maybe Kempny is slightly better right now it's not going to matter much if the third pair is a tire fire. Maybe they do have other moves pending but you can't really count on it.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad