Michal Barinka

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Fern, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fern

Fern Registered User

Home Page:
    I would like to know how is he doing this year? And what type of player do you think he is going to be.
    Thanx

2. fullmetalninja

fullmetalninja Registered User

By most accounts Barinka has had a bit of an offyear. He's fought the injury bug, and Norfolk is currently stacked with Dmen:

Vandermeer, Babchuk, D Keith, J Wisniewski, N Kuiper, Barinka, Wilford(long time minor leaguer).

Barinka IMO will be an unspectacular, nasty european stay at home type of dman. Not a big hitter or anything, but he is not afraid to get his nose a dirty and will work someone over down by the crease.

he still seems to have some issues with decision making, and his offensive game is not there. Has a big shot, but not very accurate.

His upside IMO, is a 2nd pairing guy, a more likely scenario is a solid 5/6. He IMO is definately NHL material- and looked more comfortable in a hawks jersey than Babchuk (and arguably 1/2 of the starting blueline) in the cup of coffee he had last season. But his ceiling is nowhere as high.

Hope that helps, and if you really want more info, check out:

www.blackhawkzone.com

Many norfolk fans visit the site. they also have their own site, i think its admiralzone-dot-com or something, but don't quote me on that.

-fullmetalninja

3. Fern

Fern Registered User

Home Page:
    Thanx a lot my friend!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.